Is facebook fun???

Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM

I enjoy Facebook. I get to keep up with my family back in Indiana. Oh, and I live in Cameron, TX.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Anna.425
Facebook is a time suck. ... There are also many things on Facebook that can sap your time and empty your wallet such as Farmville.
Yes, it sure is. But I've never spent a penny on anything there.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:11 PM

i'm on it. most of my family also. since i'm so far from home it does help me feel closer. but i don't have many "friends" on there that are not family so i don't get alot of the drama. i do follow kaye woods and the amish quilt site and daystyle designs. i did have a friend from high school on there but we never talked much. she was always posting things about how she'd get drunk and party and stuff. i'm alittle old for that mess so i unfriended her.

my oldest and i will get on alot just to chat. saves a phone bill. i don't live on there, just check a coupla times a day. glance at it and go on.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:19 PM

I have it and enjoy it, it's nice to have and keep up on other people, especially relatives from afar.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:18 PM

This board is a lot better for your personal interests. FB is okay, but caution is needed when posting personal info. I would rather email my family than post on FB. If I want to spend time in front of my computer, I learn a lot more right here! Nice people too.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:26 PM

Facebook is OK until someone you'd rather avoid wants to get in touch with you...one doesn't have to respond.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM

I really enjoy fb, I have several categories that I use it for. I have reconnected with lost friends from my youth which is wonderful!! I have a large network of friends in the music community which we relate to one another in a different way than friends from childhood and family members. My family is widespread and it's great to be able to connect with them without having to be available at the same time. I also have a group of people who have the same surname as I was born with as it's not that common and a lot of ancestry research has been done and the 3 main lines are fairly well documented. So the group can help connect those looking for connections. I think it all depends on what you use it for and how you go about it. I used to play the games but soon found them to be addictive and time consuming, so I no longer do that. I don't use any of those kinds of applications. If I'm going to be addicted and waste a lot of time, it's going to be here on the QB!!! LOL
Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM

I prefer to use e-mail as I find Facebook on the line of graffitti (probably spelled that wrong).
After a point it's like an open market to crooks and worse.
People give out too much information which is posted on the "wall" for everyone and anyone to read.
I prefer my conversations to be on a "private line" not a "party line" - but I'm dating myself....the youngsters have no idea what a "party line" is. Wait...I just realized that Facebook IS today's Party Line!
Plus, I'd rather be sewing .... :wink:
Old 03-13-2011, 09:48 PM

I enjoy FB i am in it all the time I play games on it keep up with my kids and other relatives have a family group that is closed to post what is happening to family members have a ham radio group that i use regular keeps me in touch with what is going on every where :)
Old 03-13-2011, 09:57 PM

I use FB to keep in touch and chat with my kids and grandkids and other family and friends. Its a good way to communicate with people but I do get a little tired of hearing those who seem to want to tell you their every move through out the day. I cannot stand farmville and all of the stupid games that go around. I always block that stuff.