Is facebook fun???

Old 03-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Can't say I like it. Have one but hardly ever use it. computer stupid I am LOL!!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
I was wondering about the facebook site? I was wondering if any of the quilting board members are signed up? What are you thoughts? Do you enjoy it? I would appreciate any help or information. Thank you for your feedback... :thumbup:

debra
cny_sewer39

There are plenty of us quilt board members on facebook. I started a Family Group which is so much more fun and will post there instead of the main page. Watch your privacy settings!
Old 03-13-2011, 03:50 PM

Not really.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Yes love to see my grandboys pics and children, especially DD away in college in Utah.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:03 PM

I use it mostly for connecting with dog people, specifically the breed that I'm in. A cousin that I hadn't seen in 45 years did find me thru FB. Need to use it wisely but it is fun to talk to people with similar interests and look at puppy pictures.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:28 PM

My kids all live so far away and it is so great to see the pictures and happenings. We have lived in several places and made friends all over the world and I can keep up so much easier with everyone there. I love it!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:30 PM

With family members scattered among many states it is the easiest way for me to keep up with them....plus the adorable pictures of great grandson from Michigan.....
Old 03-13-2011, 04:32 PM

I forgot to mention that we had six foreign exchange students live in our home for a year each. They are like our own kids. I have been to Japan three times and their parents have been to visit us. I am so thankful for Facebook now because I can feel much closer with them. We love the Japanese people. We are able to help them with this horrible struggle. We were able to be in touch with them quickly after the quake. I am so thankful for this technology.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:46 PM

After reading an earlier thread on this message board about the Farmville game, I had to check it out. I created an account under a fake name using fictitious details, so there is no real personal information about me there. Then I tried out some of the games.

I play Frontierville regularly, and all my "friends" are fellow Frontierville players.

Of course I also looked up all kinds of people I've been out of touch with for years, so I've gotten to see what former classmates are up to now, and that's been fun.

I haven't contacted anyone via FB, though, and I don't plan to. I suppose if I ever want to, I can create a real account for that.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:15 PM

Facebook is a time suck. It is a good way to keep up with family but you really have to limit your friends list. I am all for being friendly but NO ONE has hundreds of friends and no one needs to know that you are at home bored again on a Friday night (for heaven's sake call someone). There are also many things on Facebook that can sap your time and empty your wallet such as Farmville. Make up your own mind but I have an FB page but rarely use it.