Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Family of or Police/Military personnel...when you're in public >

Family of or Police/Military personnel...when you're in public

Family of or Police/Military personnel...when you're in public

Old 11-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned

NOT our police.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by mayday
NOT our police.
You don't think our police need to be thanked?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Randa
NOT our police.
You don't think our police need to be thanked?
plse note my location-------thanks.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:46 AM

plse note my location-------thanks.
You have Bobbies?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
One other thing is if you have returning troops they LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts at their arrival we are going to bring 20 dozen to the next return ceramony we receved a call from one of the men it was all he asked for really how could we say no!
my husband just recently joined the military in April. After all of his training and when he came home to AZ to move us the first thing he bought was a dozen krispy kremes. just for him self! He hasnt even been deployed yet, just away from home for 6 months.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:30 PM

quote=mayday]plse note my location-------thanks.[/quote]

I plead confused density.
I can see that this has a meaning for you, which I would like to understand, but I'm missing your point I think.
What is the implication, exactly?
Old 11-04-2010, 03:17 AM

I can't speak for her, but I think she means they have no "police" in England..are they called Bobbies??
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

I can't speak for her, but I think she means they have no "police" in England..are they called Bobbies??
We have Police in GB ,the nickname bobby is from the founder Robert Peel.
Every county has it's own police force , I just DO NOT respect them, not that I,ve been inside ,am quite happy to quote chapter and verse if you wish.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:05 PM

Every county has it's own police force , I just DO NOT respect them, not that I,ve been inside ,am quite happy to quote chapter and verse if you wish.
Well, I'm always up for a good story, but wonder if you can't respect all police or just certain ones? I know nothing of your country/culture so perhaps police aren't respected there. Most are here, but there are always bad apples around. Share if you'd like, but don't feel you have to. Remember, my daughter is a police officer here in a city in Iowa.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned

Well, I'm always up for a good story, but wonder if you can't respect all police or just certain ones? I know nothing of your country/culture so perhaps police aren't respected there. Most are here, but there are always bad apples around. Share if you'd like, but don't feel you have to. Remember, my daughter is a police officer here in a city in Iowa.

I hope she is better than ours------------viz

1] in 1966 as a v young girl I worked NEXT DOOR to the town's police stn; my Grandfather and guardian had driven me to work and died on the way home--- despite the fact that I was v young AND that they were next door they hadn't the decency to COME and tell me , merely telephoned and left it at that.
2] in 1972 ,driving to work I crossed traffic lights on green--GO and was smashed into by an unmarked police car with no siren, they said my car was safe to drive to garage but upon arrival there was informed that it was NOT safe ; plus the police wanted me to agree to 50/50 fault---------IN THEIR DREAMS!!
3] although off duty they use personal number plates they prosecute those others who do.
4]at my other property the old lady opposite --91- called them saying she'd had a fraudster knock at door at lunchtime ,they took 24hrs to visit her.
5] we have designated parking on streets for disabled users, twice I have found police parked there when other spaces available ,the last time I approached vehicle to ask why but it was deserted, when confronted they said there was someone with the vehicle at all times, LIE, when confronted with photos showing empty vehicle SUDDENLY they decided that the one behind found it necessary to help the other cop!!!!!.
READING THE ABOVE ARE YOU REALLY SURPRISED AT MY ATTITUDE??????????????