Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM

Hi all, not sure if I can post recipe here or have to go to recipe link but here goes:
Salmon burgers
3/4 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup each finely chopped celery and onion
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
1 tbls Dijon mustard
1 egg white, beaten
1 14.75 oz can salmon drained, skin & bones removed, flaked
1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles drained
In a large bowl combine all ingredients & mix well. Cover; refrigerate 10 min or until slightly firm.
Shape mixture into 4 patties about 3/4" thick.
Spray 12 nonstick saute pan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add patties; cook 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
4 servings - 1 = 240 calories, 8 grams fat, 18 grams carbs, 870 mg sodium
From an old Pillsbury recipe magazine - takes 30 min. to fix
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 PM

You can post your recipe here. Those sound really good. A little healthier the ones I used to make that were dipped in crushed crackers and fried in enough butter/oil to make them crispy on the edges. Not deep, but not just a thin coating, either. My kids and I loved them. My husband would eat anything so his opinion didn't hold much weight. Mine had no celery and a whole egg, but very similar.

Everose, your mother may like the salmon patties. It's a very old recipe and may bring back some pleasant memories for her. When you use canned salmon, you leave the bones in, but I'd be sure there are none in her portion. Serve the patties with canned peas. I hate those things, but it's how our mothers served them.

My salad at Bob Evans was very good except the restraurant was chilly. Should have ordered soup but I can't eat soup in a restraurant - there are sulfites in most soup bases. We ran into my youngest daughter and her boys so we had a nice group.

I had to hang out with my seam ripper tonight. I managed to cut some of the 7 1/4" snowball squares at 7 1/2". I'm glad I caught it before they were sewn into the quilt. Now back to the cutting table and then resew them.

Have a good night everyone.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:42 PM

THe salmon burgers sound delicious. I was planning on making them for dinner but my DH just called. He caught a bunch of bass today. So we will eat them tonight.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 PM

I love salmon patties, was raised on them. I will definitely try this recipe.

I dropped 2 pounds this week, am so excited! The workouts are getting harder but I brought my never-used IPod and plug in now while I walk, etc. I bought a CD of movie themes at 130 beats per minute for exercise, they keep me hopping.

I am up now to 1/2 mile at 2.1 on the treadmill, and 12 minutes on the step-cruiser (nuwave) at 88 steps per minutes. Then 8 minutes on the arm machine at 2.0 mph. Two pound weights now.

I just found tonight a new (for me) way to make fat free popcorn. Place 1/4 cup in a brown lunch bag. Fold over twice and tape with scotch tape. Microwave for 2 minutes. WW, is 1 point.

I made it and added popcorn salt, just a little, and it was delicious. This was 79 cents for the popcorn (a 1 lb bag) and the lunch bags and tape I already had. Much cheaper and healthier than Orville...

I'm making a real vegetable soup tomorrow night for supper. Tonight was tilapia cooked with lemon pepper on my George Forman grill. It was really delicious.

I am so grateful to be feeling so much better. The opportunity to exercise 3 times a week is amazing.

Today I made a water bottle cover to keep my water cold when I walk. I made an extra long handle to wrap over my shoulder so the bottle would fall at my hip.

We have a new picture of me and my hubbie, and a new one of me. I'm trying to upload the one of me to change my avatar... I didn't mean this to be a giant picture of us but I don't know how to size this. This is our 10th anniversary picture.
Attached Thumbnails picmjmarv.jpg  

Last edited by purplemem; 02-23-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: explanation
Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 PM

Here is a free pattern for a sports water bottle cover. I wish I had found this before I made up my own, as hers looks much, much nicer.

http://pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2006...ottle-carrier/
Old 02-23-2012, 08:21 PM

Here is my water bottle. Not near as good as the bloggers, but mine and I am proud of it.
Attached Thumbnails waterbottle1.jpg   waterbottle2.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 PM

Very nice pictures, purplemem. I'm glad to see you are wearing purple! That water bottle tote is a good idea. I just might have to make one for myself.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:39 AM

Wish me luck. Weigh in this morning. Added my weight lifting routine this week and it didn't kill me.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:14 AM

sorry i hadn't been around much, had lots of friends and family around this week, I don't think I got on the computer for 2 days...........wow that is a record for me. LOL

I am losing more inches than pounds right now. I am at a stall, still at 188 which is 8 lbs down from starting weight.

MJ - you look great. Keep up your hard work.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 AM

Down another 1.2 pounds. Only 5 more days.