Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 AM

Congratulations for the the success so many have made this month and that includes selling a house! I was hoping for a 4-5 lb loss for my first week at ww. It was only 1.2. I would like to blame it on the super bowl because that is why I ate too much on sunday and why I had cheese and crackers in the house but I know it was me that made those choices. This week I will do better.
I think I will try kale for my new food this week. I have no idea how to cook it but the internet might give me some ideas. My acupuncturist keeps telling me I need to eat it for my stagnant blood. Since I have FVL (Factor 5 Leiden), which is a blood clotting disorder, I doubt anything I eat will help, but it's worth a try.
My exercise has been so much better. My husband is impressed. I hope my body gets used to it so that I will keep it up when I go back to WI. I mean, I will keep it up when I get back to WI!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 AM

Sorry to hear you're having health problems xylie55. I sure understand what you're going through. I developed stomach ulcers from meds and it helped get me started on losing my excess wt. I'm now where you began and knowing you're working on keeping the wt off helps me to stay on track. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:21 AM

[TABLE="width: 540"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 540"]As a professional London Interior Designer, I meet with clients all the time who simply crave more originality and personality in their interior spaces.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 749"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 267, align: left"]coconut oil weight loss[/TD]
[TD="class: xl68, width: 482"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 AM

[TABLE="width: 540"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 540"]It's always my pleasure to read this type of stuff.I am very much interested in these types of topics from childhood and it's my habit to read this.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[TABLE="width: 162"]
[TR]
[TD="class: xl66, width: 98, align: left"]low calorie desserts[/TD]
[TD="class: xl67, width: 64"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 PM

Yes I do live near Jungle Jims in Fairfield, Oh. It is about 4 miles from my house. It is a totally unique store with nothing like it. They are building another one about 30 miles away. It is supposed to open this summer. THey have everything you could want and some things I can't immagine eating. My kids used to love going there when they were young to see what weird stuff they could find. I have tried all kids of strange things.
I am down a pound so far this week. I have gotten back in to regular exercise. I have been lazy lately, My bed just wouldn't let me get out of it in the mornings.
Xylee glad to see you back. I hope you and your husband are doing better.
One recipe we like is called Too good to be true stew. It is a lot of tomatoes, beans, and cole slaw mix. It also had italian salad dressing mix in it. You can google the recipe. Low points and really filling. My husband and son actually request it.
Good luck to all and healthy eating.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM

Greetings! A little snow in ND today. We have needed some. Went to the grocery store and came home with parsnips. Haven't had them for years. Relearned that I like them. Why do we get into a rut with cooking? But went to the fabric store first - yes, I saw somethings that I couldn't pass up. Working on a wonky "Walk in the Park" table runner for my SIL and needed a backing and rick rack. So will try and finish the top tomorrow. Also got a battery for my scale. I jumped out of bed on Tues. to see if I had gone below that 0 mark and the scale had died, so hoping that scale is good to me tomorrow. Blessing to all. Have a great Friday.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 PM

I am definately in next month! I need this!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:20 PM

This is me!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...7191691&type=1
Old 02-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by rwillig View Post
I am definately in next month! I need this!

You are welcome to join us this month, just not for the the prize. We are a fun group of Ladies.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:46 AM

I received 4 more FQ's in the mail today. From lawsonmugs, Jim's Gem, JT and Pam 304. They are beautiful FQ's.

So I have received 9 out of 19 so far. Let me know what the status is of your FQ.