Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: February weight loss

Blog Entries
    You go coffeegirl. No calories in smells! lol I made my husband and son brownies a couple days before they had to go out of town. I bet I smelled brownies in my housed for several days. It smelled so good. I love chocolate.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

WooHoo Megan! Congratulations!

I gained 2# last month. I'm not dealing with the disruption in my life very well. Another week in Austin @ my son's apartment. I've been trying to find him a new doctor, one of my options has a 2 month wait list - I am praying for better results. Not one of the six has office hours on Friday afternoons. I've decided to make 2 schedules - one for here and one for the times I'm in Austin. I hate this floundering feeling. I was hoping to sneak into the fitness center and use their elliptical, but the security cameras in there changed that. I guess that should be expected for a complex with 99% college kids.

Pat, I have mixed results with the stairs. Three years ago I was in agony going downstairs..... going up is much easier. I don't have as much trouble these days. I hope they improve your knees. I really, really don't want knee replacement, but I am reaching a point that I may at least have to consider it. I'd rather do the Synvisc. It does not eliminate the pain, but it does make me more mobile. I wish the 3-step brought the same results as the one dose.

I am getting the urge to sew again. I made my hubby a quilt for Christmas and I'd like another in MY colors. But then, of the 9 quilts I made for gifts last year, 9 of them were on my list for myself. Anyone else guilty of that?
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Oops! I forgot to sign up this month. When is/was the cut off? I might be forfeiting my purple fat quarter.
    I have been doing a lot of sewing. Well, anytime I am not babysitting I am sewing. I had friday off and sewed for 13 hours. Finishing up my mystery quilt before the next one starts. I'm hoping to get my I-spy quilt quilted too. That probably won't happen since I am babysitting 4 days a week for the next 2 weeks. Plus my DD gets home from France tuesday night. I will be cooking up a storm making all her favorites while she is home for the next 5 weeks.
    My DS gets home from Korea on the 25th. Not sure how long he will be here. He needs to find a job before he can get a visa for his move to China.
    Judith, my 2nd grand is due in June too! We won't find out the gender until the birth. I think it is a boy! My DGD will have her 2nd birthday on the 24th.
    I really need something to get me motivated to eat healthy and to be more active. Maybe when my DD is home I can make that her job. Her college degree was in nutrition.

Blog Entries
    I put the Noom free app on my Android phone. It counts my steps each day. (Of course, it does miss some. And, I also forget to carry it sometimes.) But, as long as I reach 10,000 steps on the counter, I know I got my steps in and then some. I also installed the free app Noom Coach. Which counts the calories. Which I log in every day. And, it gives you extra tips for nutrition or exercise. I know you can download free apps for Apple I-Phones also. And, I know a lot of people use My Fitness Pal also. I want one of those FitBit. But, I have to save for that for awhile. There are so many other things.

Pam H, My grandson turned 2 in October of 2014. And my daughter has missed several appointments due to travel and weather. And also changed doctors at the beginning of her pregnancy. Created all kinds of set backs. So, if they do another sonogram, if the baby is cooperative, we will know if it is a boy or girl. It doesn't matter to me. I actually hope that Brantley gets a baby brother. But, I will adore either one!

Blog Entries
    Can't get back on track since retreat. Why is it so hard to get back on once we get off?? Went to a BD party tonight and had 2 slices of veggie pizza, 1 cookie and a large piece of banana split ice cream cake. See my PCP tomorrow too --- do we have to step on the scale?
    I wanted the purple too.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    Pam your FQ is here so you are fine. I was doing well until I made a chocolate cake today. I ate a big piece.I will take a piece to my mom tomorrow and my uncle. DH is on an eating binge. Hopefully it will be gone when I get home tomorrow. I have a fitbit zip. If I walk the stairs at school I have between 7000 and 8000 steps by the time I get home. I try to get in 10000 steps but some days the knee just doesn't cooperate.
    Back on track tomorrow,
    Pat

Working on getting some quilts quilted. 4 down, 5 to go. One of them is a giant (king size) flannel quilt that I put together over 10 years ago. We'll see when I get that one quilted. I only have a DSM Bernina.

Been trying to do a good job at my food. I think I am down about 2 lbs so far this month. Picked up some cheap veggies at a local church. They bring up excess produce from Mexico and I got a huge box of green bells, another of orange bells, a huge box of roma tomatoes, a box of yellow zucchini and 12 packages of "cocktail" tomatoes. I gave a bunch of veggies to my daughters that live here. Now what to do with the rest.
    I have never made stuffed peppers but I think I may have to try that one. Maybe I will have to find some kind of zucchini soup or something too.....

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

THANK GOODNESS i bought a bag of chopped broccoli, cauliflower and carrots yesterday at the store..... I was hungry ALL day today....Took that bag out of the frig at least half a dozen times today to munch with fat free Ranch. I hate to think what would have happened if it hadn't been there!!!
    Know a lot of folks are getting snowed in something awful......but it was a beautiful sunny 80 here today - so got to take the now walking DGD to play outside.
    Wishing everyone a great week !!!!
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

I made a creamy zucchini soup for dinner tonight. The recipe is found at Skinnytatse.com or something like that. I modified it a little. Made mine with Zucchini, bits of broccoli, cauliflower, green pepper, onion leek, extra garlic (of course) and since I did not have any sour cream or greek yogurt on hand, after blending with the immersion blender I added an avocado from my friends orchard. It turned out pretty good. Hardly any calories! We put a teaspoon of shredded Parmesan on top.
    Had a left-over chicken sausage on the side. I'm nice and full and it was mostly vegetables!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

That soup sounds wonderful, Gayle. You are so lucky to have all those fresh veggies available. We have to have our shipped from Cali and Mexico so they aren't quite as fresh as yours.

Blog Entries
    Gayle, that does sound yummy. Thanks for the link for the recipe.

Congrats Megan, I will keep trying this month. Have been walking every day now to get serious.

Gayle....that soup sounds WONDERFUL. I wonder if i could get my DH to eat some of those veggies that he doesn't care for if i did a soup like that....thanks for the inspiration.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Megan--wow, 6 pounds--that's great! I didn't lose any last month but didn't gain either. I used My Fitness Pal last year and was doing really well with it. I may have to start using it again. The good news is that I'm pretty much the same weight as I was last year. The bad news is I wanted to lose more weight.

Sounds like a lot of us are keeping busy quilting. I've noticed that I do much better with food when I get a lot of quilting done. And I have LOTs of ideas and kits. I really should just stay in the quilting room.
    Heather

Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a while. Life got a little crazy. I've been back on track eating well. Total weight loss is 54lbs. I just hit a low spot and came here looking for support. I hope everyone is doing well. =D
    I know that the night must end and that the sun will rise. I know that the clouds must clear and that the sun will shine. Simba

Blog Entries
    musicaljan, 54lbs, that's great. IDK how much you want to loose. But, that is a fabulous start. You can do it. . I have just started my journey and want to loose 75lbs. So far, I have lost 15lbs. I am setting little goals. 10 percent of my goal and then when I reach that, another 10 percent and so on. Just so the chunks feel manageable. Some how, it went on a whole lot easier then it is coming off. But, it is coming off.

My total to lose is 96. I'm over half way there! I'm really jazzed this time. I also just got into a new size. It was exciting! But none of my family is eating like I am so I prepare meals for them then make my own. I usually do ok but sometimes it's really tempting to eat theirs. But I feel so much better eating healthier. And my blood pressure is normal now and my blood sugar is lower so I've got to keep it up! =D
    I know that the night must end and that the sun will rise. I know that the clouds must clear and that the sun will shine. Simba

Blog Entries
    musicaljan, that is awesome! Half way there. Congrats on getting your blood pressure and sugar levels down. I like you am already feeling a lot better just with loosing 15 lbs. But, this time, I too am going to stick with the program and when I reach my goal weight try to find a way to keep off for good. I am so sick of being heavy and feeling weighed down. Of course it wouldn't hurt my feelings to shop for normal size clothes. I haven't shopped for fun stuff in a very long time. This year will be the year! Congrats on that as well. I bet it was fun to shop for a whole new size. Even if it was just a few new pieces to get you to the next size.

I too end up making 2 meals. It sometimes is a pain in the butt. The men in the family are a tad over 6' tall and never have to worry over what they eat or their weight. My daughter who is married and not living at home is more like me. She is 5'3 and I'm 5' 1. We just can't eat the same as them.

Blog Entries
    I received 2 FQ today from Judith.There are so many pretty fabrics. I have been so bad I am afraid I will have to mail them to someone else.
    I went out to breakfast today with my DH. We split a meal but it was still a lot of food. Afterwards we went to check on one of his jobs, he is a landscaper. I realized we were near Fabric Shack so we stopped in there. I browsed the fabric and really wanted some. I restrained myself and didn't buy any. I am trying to quit buying just because it is pretty. There was a line of batiks I hadn't seen before. It was kinda dark greyish blue with some multi colored pastels in it. I am still wishing I had bought some. After Fabric Shack we stopped at the Golden Turtle Chocolate Factory. Oh my was that dangerous. It was so good.

Hi everyone, I didn't do very well this week. I've been trying to fight off a cold and haven't even thought about what I'm eating. Just working, trying to get as much rest as possible, etc.

I had hoped to get to the gym this week, but no way. I have Monday off, so hopefully a 3 day weekend and I'll feel a lot better and get back into the swing of things.

Blog Entries
    CindyA, sorry to hear your under the weather. Make sure to drink lots of water and hydrate. And of course, rest. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Meanmom, thanks for letting me know they arrived. Oh goodness, how did you restrain yourself from buying fabric. I can't go in without at least getting a fat quarter. lol But, I am doing so much better about that now. Since I have a grandson. A lot of my extra money goes to him. I just love spoiling him. I am on the hunt for a "Paw Patrol" puppy. Mommy can't find the one he wants at home, so, I am looking. Granny to the rescue. But, Granny is having no luck finding the one he wants either. But, I still have a few places to check out. And, I am sure they will get more back in stock. And, the "Chocolate Factory"...I don't think I would have been able to go in there and not have ANY. I just love chocolate. In fact, Chocolate and coffee are the only cravings I am having right now. (moan) all that lovely Valentine candy. But, I have been good and steering past that isle at break neck speed. I want to be able to run and play with my grandbabies. And not be a pooper and sit on the sidelines. And, we have a new little one coming in June. I can hardly wait. My daughter will be surprised. I have not told her I am loosing weight. I want to surprise her with a paired down me. My journey will not be over, but, I will be well on my way.

Blog Entries
    I received 2 FQ today from Coffeegal. Cindy hope you feel better. I bought several pieces of candy from the chocolate factory. They make their own chocolate. OMG was it delicious. I had my family over for dinner tonight. My DIL has been in Japan visiting her family for over a month. I haven't seen my GD in so long. Thing get a little bit crazy with the 3 grandkids and everyone here. I made a turkey. It was so good. It is my daughters birthday tomorrow and my husbands next week. We also had chocolate praline cake and strawberry roll up. I sent the dessert home with them. Back on track tomorrow.

I swear I must have lost weight this weekend. Moved our oldest son to Michigan on the coldest, snowiest, windiest day! Between loading up a van and UHaul truck here, then unloading it to a 2nd floor apt (no elevator) I must have burned a ton of calories!

I'm down 2 lbs. so far this month! Don't know how or why - must be all that shoveling I've been doing. It's -18 here this morning, so no shoveling today. I have no willpower when it comes to food. Fabric either, it seems. My fiancee and I spent the weekend at our favorite place in Massachusetts, which happens to be just down the road from a lovely LQS, and I found some great fabric for my next project, a ribbon weave stack'n'whack by Bethany Reynolds. Stay warm, everyone!

Blog Entries
    OK, Megan , what was your secret????? I still am not on track. Bought DH his coconut meringue pie for St Val's and I ate half of it! What is a gal to do?
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast