Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fibromyalgia

Hi Tink's Mom--MOST people are denied the first time they apply for SS disability benefits. It took my husband two years to get his approved. It went all the way to the third appeal, before a judge, before he was approved. What is funny is that once we were before the judge, and the Social Security doctor read off my husband's illnesses, it took all of about 5 minutes for the judge to approve the claim and we were out of there. We had to hire a lawyer who specializes in Social Security claims. The lawyer got a chunk of the back pay, but if the claim hadn't been approved, he would have gotten nothing. I've heard that if you try to do the appeals without an attorney, you probably won't be approved.
    I wish you luck in your pursuit!

Blog Entries
    don't even mention SS to me!!! i filed early due to being laid off and learned later i'd already made too much for the year I filed and owed everything they gave me back!!! sigh@@@@

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    tinks mom...... i was denied SS i filled 6 months to late. i had more then enough units of work however the doctors that were treating me didn't know it was going to be permanent. even through i had all the records of how long i was being treated that i was indeed disabled 18 months before i filled i was still denied. yes we are living in the USA

Thanks for your support. I have left a message with a friend to get her husbands disability lawyers #. I had a difficult time getting myself to file for the disability and now....

Blog Entries
    hypothyroidism is easily managed, so it doesn't interfere with my life. still ... it has it's drawbacks.

tofu ... toe-phooey, if you ask me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

imagine how happy i was to read a few years ago that i have a medical excuse to avoid soy!!!

Blog Entries
    In California, a patient with Chronic Pain might opt for medical marijuana.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    No thanks :roll:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    No thanks :roll:
    Just to clarify: I'm only saying but not advertising. My girlfriend is at the point to where she is considering it. She is a very conservative person and I was quite surprised when she told me.

Banned
    I tried that stuff a couple of times when I was teenager, it was nasty! And yes I inhaled. :shock:

HMK
    As a Vegan, I have to say that since I've adopted this lifestyle the Fibro pain has eased. It has been a journey and not adopted overnight but began as a Vegetarian who decided to take things to the next level. A bit of exercise is also good but you have to remember not to over stress your body with extreme stuff. My philosophy is things in moderation. Good luck in finding what works for you.

Blog Entries
    Please ladies...watch out with the soy based products. Medical research has proven that if there is breast cancer in your family...consuming soy based products can cause your chances of breast cancer to go even higher. My mother had breast cancer a couple of years ago and now I'm really afraid to eat anything that has soy in it. I guess I would rather be safe than sorry at this point since I have cancer on both sides. (My father passed away from colon cancer 8 yrs ago.)
    So, ladies please be careful. I would miss all of you

I haven't heard of any herbs to help Fibro. I've been diagnosed for about 10 years now. No one has ever offered me a natural healer. They just want to give out pain killers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger5464
    Please ladies...watch out with the soy based products. Medical research has proven that if there is breast cancer in your family...consuming soy based products can cause your chances of breast cancer to go even higher.
    research may indicate an increased chance, but that does not necessarily mean there is an absolute direct link between consuming soy and getting BC. there are far too many other factors that may play a role.

same goes for the thyroid studies. same goes for all similar studies.

file the information under "food for thought". each person who wants to make the choice to "soy or not to soy" should read up on the subject and determine how it relates to their individual situation.

Blog Entries
    howzabout we leave this particular subject out of the general conversation. it's politically charged, has serious moral, ethical and legal ramifications, and can only lead to arguments.

Hey...can ya pass the doobie?

lol
    Ok, had to put that in there to lighten the mood. :) :) :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    howzabout we leave this particular subject out of the general conversation. it's politically charged, has serious moral, ethical and legal ramifications, and can only lead to arguments.
    Thank you! :thumbup:

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by marsye
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Thank you! :thumbup:
    Oh, good grief!

There are many "natural" things around that can be either beneficial or harmful - depending on who is using them, what they are being used for, how they are being used, and quantity of use.

Dairy products, orange juice, wine, etc etc etc.

Almost anything can be beneficial or harmful, depending - - - -

I'm going for that apple cider vinager and honey mixture. Between the fibro and degenerative disc in my neck and lower back, I'm ready to try anything that isn't a steroid!

Quote Originally Posted by DA Mayer
    FYI If you are on medication for hypothyroidism be sure and check with your pharmacist or dr about using soy.
    maybe that's why soy doesn't agree with me at all, but then all legumes and anything related to them, are no no's for me.- inflammatories :shock:
    (other inflammatory foods for some ppl: corn, onions, garlic)

Quote Originally Posted by trupeach
    honey and apple cider vinegar are things that wouldn't interfear with any meds as other natural suppliments might. My grandmother was on experimental drugs under the arthritis foundation. She had to sign papers signing her life over to them. the drug they used on her is on the market today. However after her 18 month experiment was complete she started drnking the honey and apple cider vinegar mixture. Granny was amazed within 2 weeks the pain was less and she had more energy. I really suggest to try it. I am sure you have what you need right in your kitchen. You have nothing to lose except the pain and fatigue the fibromyalgia is causing you.
    sounds good, unless...you have multiple chemical sensitivities like me, and cannot tolerate vinegar.
    I believe any time you can use something natural, as opposed to a man made chemical mix, you are better off, but I wouldn't make drastic changes to your diet, without talking to your doctor.
    I ended up in e.r. after second capsule of a health food store product.
    Plant Enzymes. (nearly did me in...not allergic reaction...was headed for a stroke, and I have excellent blood pressure).

Quote Originally Posted by trupeach
    tinks mom...... i was denied SS i filled 6 months to late. i had more then enough units of work however the doctors that were treating me didn't know it was going to be permanent. even through i had all the records of how long i was being treated that i was indeed disabled 18 months before i filled i was still denied. yes we are living in the USA
    OTOH, I filed in time, had all kinds of medical back up yada, yada, yada,...but was too sick to have enough points when i had to stop working! So no disability payments for me, born and raised and paid taxes out the wazoo all my life, and hubby has paid enough for both of us.
    I was told, I could get a divorce, or wait till my husband dies. Yes, this is the same America as when we were kids...but we are not in Kansas anymore :roll:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2