Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fiesta ware Tent

Fiesta ware Tent

I was wondering how many people on here like Fiesta Ware? I've learned that they're having their fall tent sale out in Newell WV starting this Thursday Oct 8th. Since I'll be moving into my new apt next couple of weeks my friend and I are going to do a road trip. It's going to be a fun trip and I hope the weather holds up.
    Last edited by Cheryl; 10-05-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    We had a curio/gift shop in Northern Arizona back in the late 50's, and we sold Fiesta Ware. One of my chores was to dust all of it and I hated the stuff. I have since learned to appreciate it tho, but not enough to have any

I haven't been to that sale in years but it is worth it if you like Fiesta Ware. Make sure to wear comfortable clothes & shoes--lots of standing around waiting in line for your turn to go in (if it's still run the same way it was). It's fun to meet others with the same interest and look out for the fanatics who will run you over for what they want. We had so much fun each time we went.
    Imagine all the people living life in peace...(John Lennon 1940-1980)

I love it and I love to go to the Fiesta outlet store in Canton Texas.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Blog Entries
    I just started selling Fiesta Ware in my store (here in Maine) this summer and have done quite well with it. Customers know it and like that it is made in the USA. Most mix up the colors and it's fun to watch people put pieces together. We try to arrange our displays in color combinations (cool, warm, coastal, etc.) but we are constantly rearranging them as pieces are moved around or purchased. It's a great line.
    attitude is everything...the rest will fall into place.

Love it. My only rule is that when using dishes each piece must be a different color. It looks great in my cabinet too. Wish I was closer (I am in FL).
    Daryl

Years ago I bought a sugar and creamer on a oblong plate it is dark blue it doesn't have any marks on the bottom but it sure looks like it's Fiesta ware . My friend that's going with me she has place settings. Howner we found out about the sales one year we were on our way to go camping and to visit a relative in Tn. We stopped for the night in Flatwoods WV and the next day we had went over to the little mall and they were set up there in a tent and they have an outlet store there too. You were right about crowded, and I was amazed of how much people bought. But had fun. So we said one year we are going to the one in Newell WV. We are leaving tomorrow morning and will be there in time to relax a bit.

I have lots and lots of Fiesta-service for about 16. It had belonged to my Mother-in-law. She loved it and I enjoyed it over the last 40 years. I have all the traditional colors and I always mismatch a place setting. We have moved in the last year and I am space challenged and I am thinking of selling it. It is hard to figure out what it is worth on today's market.

I've had my own tent sale. A friend gave me a bunch of Fiesta Ware (when I say a bunch, I do mean a bunch), I just didn't get into it. So the last 3 years I've put a lot into each garage sale I have had. The only reason I'm still getting rid of it is I have so much, I have even given a lot away. LOL

I love the way it looks. I have tons but have to constantly buy it... it chips too easily. Or maybe I am just too heavy handed with it? Anyone else have chipping problems?

I have Fiesta and I adore it. I like that the pottery is made in the USA; the colors are great;and it is heavy duty. I can use it in the oven if desired too. I was able to start slowly by buying from the Betty Crocker catalog when that was available. They are very good at marketing by introducing new colors yearly and retiring others to keep me buying. I would like to go to one of the tent sales someday.

I once had service for 8 and had no trouble with it chipping. I once visited the factory in W. VA. and enjoyed the visit.

Have fun. I got my set of Corelle ware from licking my Dad's Green Stamps. Remember them?? In over 40 years, I have only broken one bowl. I am sure this set of dishware is going to outlive me.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

My mom collects Bauer pottery, which has very similar colors and designs to Fiestaware. Whenever I see Fiestaware it reminds me of her. I bought her a Fiestaware table cloth for the table she displays her larger Bauer pieces on, she loves it.

I grew up with Fiesta Ware and have no desire to relive my childhood.
    Pat

I love Fiesta Ware. Recently started collecting it and I like to mix and match the colors. Would love to go to a tent sale.

It was in our home when I was growing up in the 50's and makes me sad when I think about how Mother just gave it away. Someone told me it's a good thing I don't have it, because the old pieces had lead in them so I wouldn't want to use it anyway. I still can't pass a display without stopping and admiring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbie View Post
    I've had my own tent sale. A friend gave me a bunch of Fiesta Ware (when I say a bunch, I do mean a bunch), I just didn't get into it. So the last 3 years I've put a lot into each garage sale I have had. The only reason I'm still getting rid of it is I have so much, I have even given a lot away. LOL
    I recently started collecting. Depending on what you have for sale I may be interested. Can you PM me with a list and prices? Thank you.

My mother had Fiesta ware when I was growing up. A few years ago I started to buy my own (in more intense colors). I love it, and we use it everyday. I have not had any problems with chipping. It goes into the dishwasher with everything else. I have all of the bright colors, and I love using the different colors.

I went to the [email protected] website and clicked a few links, some of it appeared to be "out of stock". It all must have been moved to the tent sale.......lol
    Last edited by Chasing Hawk; 10-06-2015 at 07:40 AM.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

Blog Entries
    I inherited a lot of Fiesta from my family and have heard that this sale is wonderful. Good luck.

Too heavy for me and my hands. Arthur has settled in. Try not to stress my hands, arms and shoulders as I am havine a flare right now.

yes, yes, yes - love it - just do not have an outlet close enough!
    Sondra

Power Poster
    Love fiesta ware. Bought a lot of it at the Fiesta store in West VA. Exit 67 off the 79 freeway. I have found that I can buy it cheaper at times from Kohls when it is on sale and I have a 30% off coupon. We have over a hundred pieces of different colors..

I love it! I have it in 5 different colors. When I was in charge of the block of the month at my guild, one of the themes was called Broken Fiestaware - the pattern was broken dishes, and the instructions were for people to use Fiestaware colors with a light background. I won the blocks and made a quilt top. Someday it will turn into a quilt.
    BJ