Foal Watch For Patches

Old 06-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Up North
GRRRR! my darling computer savvy son was here and installed fire fox on my computer and NOW I can't get the web cam. It won't let me install the plug in, I have watched this horse for 2 weeks and will not be able to see the outcome! GRRR why did he have to leave before I checked it out?

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have a mac desktop with Firefox, and can't get the webcam. I have to use my ancient pc laptop.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
I'm back - been to watch Joey's last football tournament of the season - they won two and lost one so a good result! It was HOT though! STILL no baby! I don't believe it - one of the other dads asked me - 'has that horse had it's foal yet?' mare stare has taken over the world!
Oh, joy! LOL ... I was so sure I was going to see a foal this morning ... poor Miss Kay ... she is hoping, hoping, hoping ...
I empathize with her concern of all the things that can go wrong. It doesn't matter how many babies these animals have, the next one is always a headache ... did I use the right semen, is the baby too big, is it in the right position, will I know when it is time to step in, will it survive to adult hood? All the things we go through with our own babies, horse/cow owners with breeding stock (the good ones) go through with each new foal/calf.
If one ever gets so immune to this part of life and living that he/she doesn't care if a new one lives or dies, a large part of their humanity disappears. ALL of life is valuable ... even a little kitten. LIfe is a positive thing ... and being interested in how it gets here and that it gets here safely, makes us more a part of the BIG PLAN than we can fully appreciate.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by amma
omak, we ALL have been making predictions....all have been wrong so far...I just knew she was going to go last night...too many signs pointing that way :roll: :roll: :roll: Please don't hold back...it is all part of the fun :wink: :D
That is really nice of you to say. My mother told me that if I ever held back, I would probably strangle <g> ... sort of an indominitable spirit, I guess. I figure if I keep talking, sooner or later, I will be right! LOL
Old 06-13-2009, 07:46 AM

Add my congrats to Joey! It is a busy life when your children
are little and involved in different activities.

I'm signing off for now. We are off to Los Angeles trailering a
car for my DS. With any luck from the freeway gods, we should
be there in about 5-6 hours. We have an old Suburban and just hope it will get there. lol

I'll get back on to see if we have
progress when we arrive
Old 06-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joan
. We are off to Los Angeles trailering a
car for my DS. With any luck from the freeway gods, we should
be there in about 5-6 hours. We have an old Suburban and just hope it will get there. lol

I'll get back on to see if we have
progress when we arrive

Drive safely Joan!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
I'm back - been to watch Joey's last football tournament of the season - they won two and lost one so a good result! It was HOT though! STILL no baby! I don't believe it - one of the other dads asked me - 'has that horse had it's foal yet?' mare stare has taken over the world!

Congratulations Joey!! And K, I know what you mean about Mare Stare. I had everyone at work watching the other night! And when Patches rolled way over last night, mom and I were on the phone to each other IMMEDIATELY "DID YOU SEE THAT? IS IT TIME?" Unfortunately, she was just teasing us!

Since she didn't foal during the full moon, I predict she'll wait till the new moon around the 20th. And Kay will be fully gray! Either that or she'll foal outside today and we'll miss the whole thing, darn her!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

just checking in, same nothing going on in the stall!!!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

I only have a minute to check in Hey Patches What is going on ????

A quick update on my son.. he called me this morning at 7am (after I was up til after 3 with she who must be stubborn !) thought he was coming home today.. was just checking my "facebook" acct and he tells the world he has a fever and must stay AGAIN ! I call him up and say "hey whats iup ?" he says yes he has to stay another nite, why didn't you call why nust i read it on facebook... well mom if you were here earlier you would have known ! HOW RUDE ! LOL he knows we are in the middle of mare stare.. for petes sake...
Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Yeah, Sharon it's a question of PRIORITIES LOL!

Well have to go and bath two sweaty kids! Will check in later!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Ok so where did the horse go??