Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
getting rid of moles in the yard >

getting rid of moles in the yard

getting rid of moles in the yard

Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 AM

Nothing works!! They are evil little creatures who stay up all day underground thinking up new ways to curse us in the garden and do their evil all night long. They especially like getting under new plants and pushing them right out onto the top of the ground by morning. They are really little demons sent to make us nuts!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 05:26 AM

Now THAT is my kind of equipment. I'm going to find one today!!!!!!!! There's not enough Juicy Fruit in the world to get them, LOL.

Originally Posted by FWDesigns
Best thing that we have used is a Sweeney's Plunger Trap. Never see the critter in the end as we just pull up the trap and critter get buried in the ground after it get's spiked by the trap.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 AM

I find that if you get rid of why the moles are there, they will go else where. That being said....moles are commonly in your yard because of grubs. If you poison the grubs the moles will have nothing to eat. By the way, these grubs turn into Japanese beetles, which are another nuisance. Good luck.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Numa
My parents used pinwheels in the yard. When the wind would blow them, it caused vibrations in the ground and they move away. They used the heavy plastic ones with metal poles. Good luck!
We'll done the same thing ..It helped some... We sprayed for them this spring ..so far no moles..
Old 06-14-2011, 05:49 AM

None of that grub killer has worked for us we have tried every kind of grub killer on the market and really put it on the lawn thick and the grubs seem to thrive on it. So far we have had the best luck with the poison worms but that gets expensive. They are so bad this year more so then past years it seems.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:59 AM

They are after grubs, you have to rid your yard of grubs, there is stuff you put on your yard to kill grubs. I have ground squirrels and we bought these spike things at Lowe's that take 3 D size batteries and you insert them into the ground and it make a buzzing noise every 15 seconds, and the batteries are supposed to last for 6-8 months. So far it seems to be working. The little devils have made tunnels all through my flower bed, It is supposed to work on moles also.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:10 AM

Get a mole trap. they really work, i know.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 AM

We had moles in our front yard . My husband went to Harbor Frieght Store and for $10.00 bought a mole deterent. Gives off a high frequence and runs them off. We tried gum and moth balls and nothing work.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 AM

We had moles in our front yard . My husband went to Harbor Frieght Store and for $10.00 bought a mole deterent. Gives off a high frequence and runs them off. We tried gum and moth balls and nothing work.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM

we use grubx mole killer, every month during the summer. We stopped in aug last year and within a week they were back. So far this year we have put grubx on twice and no moles :) they made holes so deep that when you walked on the grass your whole foot disapeared. I am too old to dance the mole dance with out falling down