A "gift" for all of you

Old 06-30-2014, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
yes, Dr. Oz is on the rack for saying too much about products on his show. Some panel has been grilling him about that. I too thought he gave into the producers on the show, but money talks.
I am gladthat you find it works for you,but recommend caution,check with your G.P first. Even with prescribed medication I suffered kidney failure three years ago.I am on morphine to help with pain and would not like to risk further health problems.The thing is, if these products help I am sure they would be prescribed.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the information. I have had a lifetime battle with my weight, inside I'm a perfect "10", it's just hidden. I too have a number of medical problems, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia and diabetes, so I think I will ask my Dr. if she thinks it might be helpful. I sincerely hope that you can feel better with this product. I wish you well.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:57 AM

A friend of mine starting using this a few years ago. She lost a lot of weight.On her regular doctor visit he kind of freaked out on the weight loss. Too much to soon--After talking to her they both realized she was using the bathroom more than usual. He told her no more Dr Oz miracles they were cleaning her system out to near dehydration . He put her on a stool softener 3x's a week. She continued to lose weight at a safer manner. She is no longer insulin dependent.She is maintaining her ideal weight.Her liver numbers are back where they're suppose to be. When this started she was working a full time job-going to school and a single Mom of 3 girls with only 1 bathroom. So please take note of any and all changes to your body no matter how small they may seem. There are so many things over the counter that can mess with your regular medications. I had a major scare with my anti-rejection meds. and it was my multi-vitamin that was voiding them out. So I now pay closer attention to my body and what it is saying.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ellageo View Post
prescription medicine has just as many side effects & maybe even more. Mine comes with pages!! of warnings. I was raised on natural medicines & whatever Grandma said to do! So this would be something I would try.
DH was taking a "natural" supplement to lower his cholesterol and it worked. However, when he mentioned it to his dr he was told the compounds in the supplement are the same as those found in cholesterol lowering drugs and carried the same possible side effects. Makes sense. Drugs aren't manufactured out of thin air. The lesson we learned is to research carefully before taking anything.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:33 AM

Thank you, ptquilts, for the information.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

be very careful taking meds with out asking your dr first dr oz was in some kind of trouble promoting something just be careful!!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:58 PM

I was very careful to get the brand that Dr. Oz has granted his endorsement to. There was another brand that was banned due to liver toxicity, but the one I bought has Garcinia Cambogia and nothing else in it, (except the capsule itself is cellulose) and my Dr. Said "Try it." I am glad for all the input you have all given me. I will keep you all posted about progress and side effects if any. This is such a caring group. Bless you every one.

I bought mine on Amazon. No purchasing hustle that way.

Last edited by madamekelly; 06-30-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
​Sounds interesting. I am currently trying yet another statin for high cholesteral so I won't be adding another medication to the mix.
Tartan, I have had good luck with plant-sterols, your body can not tell the difference between plant sterols and cholesterols, so the liver makes less cholesterol when the plant sterols are in the system/body. Do the research and see if that doesn't help. I'm not a big fan of statin drugs. you can get plant sterols OTC (over the counter)
Old 07-01-2014, 05:18 AM

I stopped watching Dr. Oz when he starting promoting new miracles for weight loss. It seemed like he had a new one every few days. There is no pill that will strip the weight off and keep it off. It takes a long time to gain it so it makes sense that it will take a long time to get it off. Save your money. Dr. Oz use to be shown on prime daytime TV. He is now screened in the wee hours of the morning.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:45 PM

There is always some sort of study that can turn you against a product. If it is working for you, and your Dr has no objections, it cannot hurt to continue. I am sure that your Dr is keeping track of things and will advise you if need be.