Girl hunters

Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 AM

I have deer on my property and love seeing them. I do not hunt, but if I caught one in my garden eating, I would take a shot at it.

They are so beautiful and graceful and are welcome on my land, just not in my garden. I do not permit hunting on my land.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 AM

my mom is 85 years old and got an 8 point buck this year!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:53 AM

Are you a vegetarian?

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I dislike hunting all the way around, and I wonder what did that POOR animal ever do to deserve getting shot, left in pain till they were killed/killed outright. Which was here first? The animals were, we as humans ran off the natural preditors and now have an over population of certain animals.
Just so we humans could build houses in woods etc.
Sad really.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
Are you a vegetarian?

I dislike hunting all the way around, and I wonder what did that POOR animal ever do to deserve getting shot, left in pain till they were killed/killed outright. Which was here first? The animals were, we as humans ran off the natural preditors and now have an over population of certain animals.
Sad really.
I do not eat Red meat or wild meat. I still have the right to think how I do, eating meat has no meaning in this. Deer are GOD's creatures, killing them kills a beautiful animal for no good reason.
It is sport hunting, even though some use the meat from the kill.
I disagree with hunting and I have the right to disagree.
I wonder how many of the hunters others would feel if the killed animal got dressed on their dining room table on good tablecloths, with the hunter saying oh you can just wash out the blood.
Or have an animal still alive and placed on your kitchen counter, back is broken and legs are still moving with the animal in severe pain?
Again with the hunter saying oh it's ok wanted to see what you thought of my kill. Then proceeded to start skinning the animal.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:12 AM

Are you a vegetarian?

Sad really.
I do not eat Red meat or wild meat. I still have the right to think how I do, eating meat has no meaning in this. Deer are GOD's creatures, killing them kills a beautiful animal for no good reason.
I wonder how many of the hunters others would feel if the killed animal got dressed on their dining room table on good tablecloths, with the hunter saying oh you can just wash out the blood.
Or have an animal still alive and placed on your kitchen counter, back is broken and legs are still moving with the animal in severe pain?
Again with the hunter saying oh it's ok wanted to see what you thought of my kill. Then proceeded to start skinning the animal.
I think all animals are God's creatures, even the ones we might think of as ugly.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Are you a vegetarian?

Sad really.
I think all animals are God's creatures, even the ones we might think of as ugly.
I agree, all animals are God's Creatures. This includes bugs, spiders and snakes!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:19 AM

Yes, and I know for certain if those bugs, spiders and snakes could....they'd eat us in a heartbeat;>

I'd have to say, if any hunter treated an animal like you described, I'd probably punch him or her in the face.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:36 AM

I am all for hunting if it is necessary and if the meat is used. Trophy/sport hunting makes me see red. I grew up in a family of 6 and if my Dad hadn't hunted we would have gone hungrier than we did. I was 11 before I even knew what beef tasted like.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 AM

I love Venison. When we bagged a deer all I thought about was the wonderful meals I would be able to make for my family. We ate it all and organs we did not want to gave to a wonderful Italian mamma who used it. It always made me very sad during a bad winter to see large amounts of deer dead from starvation.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
I love Venison. When we bagged a deer all I thought about was the wonderful meals I would be able to make for my family. We ate it all and organs we did not want to gave to a wonderful Italian mamma who used it. It always made me very sad during a bad winter to see large amounts of deer dead from starvation.
Can I ask how you knew that the deer you killed was disease free? Deer carry all kinds of things as well as Ticks that can be transfered to other beings, including humans - those ticks carry some nasty stuff like West nile, Lyme etc.
Ticks can not always be seen on animals.
Especially when they have yet to drink blood from their host.