Girl hunters

Old 12-06-2010, 07:59 AM

I'm very supportive of hunting as long as the meat is eaten. What I don't condone and find offensive, is sport hunting where the animal (whatever kind) is killed for enjoyment and not as food. That's very troublesome to me and I simply don't understand the enjoyment received. I completely understand providing meat on the table and stocking the freezer.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 AM

I am so happy to hear that their father is spending time with and teaching them about the outdoors. So many fathers now days and mothers don't want to be bother with their children. Thank God for their wonderful Dad!

Patti Sue
Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 AM

That is so great! Fresh meat for everyone for quite awhile.
And with everything in the grocery store going up so quickly, this will help with the food bill too.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 AM

we have a neighbor who moved to the country from the city and is very protective of "her" deer. She owns a meadow where they gather and sometimes hunters stop on the road and watch them. She will come out and try to shoo them away (the hunters).
I always want to ask her, "what do you think will happen to the deer if no one hunts them? they will live a long life and die peacefully in their sleep, surrounded by loving family members?" I don't think so.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I dislike hunting all the way around, and I wonder what did that POOR animal ever do to deserve getting shot, left in pain till they were killed/killed outright. Which was here first? The animals were, we as humans ran off the natural preditors and now have an over population of certain animals.
Just so we humans could build houses in woods etc.
Sad really.
AGREE.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by mayday
I dislike hunting all the way around, and I wonder what did that POOR animal ever do to deserve getting shot, left in pain till they were killed/killed outright. Which was here first? The animals were, we as humans ran off the natural preditors and now have an over population of certain animals.
Sad really.
AGREE.
Same here. Sadly, I have worked with many more guys who hunted for the thrill of the kill than to put needed food on the table.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Originally Posted by mayday
Sad really.
AGREE.
Same here. Sadly, I have worked with many more guys who hunted for the thrill of the kill than to put needed food on the table.
I totally agree, I think hunting should be outlawed. I ran into a young gentleman not to long ago bragging about how he bagged a 10 point buck. I asked him what did that poor deer do to you, his answer nothin, it was fun killing it though. Made me want to throw up.
We humans ran them off of their homes, so those who complain about things like rattlesnakes on their front porch, I just shake my head and ask them why on earth did you build over the snakes underground nest?
Where are animals supposed to go when you destroy their home?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:50 PM

Hunting goes back to the beginning of time. Although I've never hunted nor want to, "outlawing" the right to provide food for one's family is incredulous. If someone chooses to follow all the stages of their food-hunting, slaughter, cookpot to belly, they are at least not living in denial of where our meat ultimately comes from. Hypocrites say it's cruel and disgusting then shop at the Supermarket.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:41 PM

There are those who choose to believe that hunting etc is ok, and there are those who oppose it. That is also OK! Everyone has the right to believe what they choose.
There is no need in modern society for hunting. Guns KILL, due to being misshandled by those who believe that they are able to shoot and hit the broad side of the barn.
I have the right to think as I see fit, please respect that.
Thank you.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

I am a proud hunter and love women who hunt also. It used to be the way of the world to hunt and fish, raise our own livestock to(you guessed it Killed them) we are carnivors and wild meat is much better for you then storebought. I still take my nephews and nieces hunting with my brothers. We have made it a family tradition. both sister-inlaws and sister complain if we come home empty handed. It just means they have to go to the gorcery store. Hunt ladies hunt.