Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Going on a cross the US trip >

Going on a cross the US trip

Going on a cross the US trip

Old 11-14-2010, 02:28 PM

there are so many wonderful things to see all over the country that i don't know how you'll ever squeeze it all into that time, so try hard. :lol:

you're very smart to plan ahead and make your choices now. if you google your route you can ask google for points of interest along the way.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:14 PM

When visiting Las Vegas be sure to check out the new Hoover Dam Bypass. 7 yrs in the works & opened Oct 19 2010....Its AWESOME

Some pics
http://www.google.com/images?q=hoove...=com.microsoft:en-us&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=F2zgTL6qK8KBlAfx5_z-Aw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CEoQsAQwAw&biw=1518&bih=748

Mike O'Callaghan – Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge aka Hoover Dam Bypass
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_O'Callaghan_%E2%80%93_Pat_Tillman_Memorial_Bridge
Old 11-14-2010, 04:01 PM

My advise is to get a National Park passport and keep your eyes open. We took our children on a 3week tour around the country. We stopped at every Nation Park along the way. We started in SC and went to GA, AL, Miss, LA, TX, AZ, NM, Utah, Idaho, Montana, SD, Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennesse, NC and Back home to SC. We stopped at many of the National parks along the way and whatever else we thought looked interesting along the way. We have a beautiful country. We did not get to Yosemite so we are going next year. I want to see the red wood trees.
Old 11-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Your trip sounds fabulous! You already heard about Sedona- oh I loved it there! And Columbus has been mentioned, Holmes County is wonderful, I'm thinking if you like art the Art Institute in Chicago is a must-see place. Hope you get to Paducah!
You are going to have so much fun, wherever you go!! :D
Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Dix

Hi, we are in Oklahoma City and have great quilt shops all around. Would love to show them to you. I quilt every Tues morning at church. We live north Oklahoma City by Mercy Hospital. PM me if you come through!
Dix
Old 11-14-2010, 09:39 PM

Hi from the other Rochester in MN, I was surprized to read your post, because My DH and I are going to do the same thing, but are heading south from MN and taking a month and going south and west and up the coast of CA. Hope you have a great trip
Old 11-14-2010, 10:32 PM

If you go to Estes Park, Co. there is a very neat quilt shop there called Maggie Mae's. The lady who owns it is in her eighties and she carries a lot of cool stuff. She also enjoys visiting and showing off her beautiful hand quilting.You will also see a lot of wild life-mountain goats, deer, and elk.They are protected in the park so you will see them everywhere.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
SZQ

Carlsbad Caverns in N. Mexico, outside Alaska, Montana is my favorite state,

Love the fly fishing and all there is to learn about Indians. Virginia and Nevada

city are great but are closed until May. Little Big Horn is a must. Cody,Wy.has

Wild Bill Museum if your hubby likes guns, there is plenty there for you to see

also. Our America is a beautiful place, we are blessed to live here!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:00 AM
MM

We are on this trip right now, and I'm making notes of what's being recommended.

Left Maine earlier this week; spent yesterday in Niagara Falls-walked across Rainbow Bridge to see view of falls from Canada. Old Fort Niagara was also a highlight. On our way to Columbus, Ohio...I'm looking up info about the Amish there.

Then will head south to get warm before heading west.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM

If you travel down I-44 through Springfield MO make sure your husband gets a chance to stop at the Bass Pro shop. It's a huge store and people travel from all over to visit. We also have a couple of quilt shops :D