Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: grrr, really?

So my husband was nosing around in stuff that he probably shouldn't have been being nosing in, not hiding anything but everything of MINE he touches ends up.....well continue reading.

Anyways getting back to the story, he was nosing around in a cabinet (probably looking for candy), just so happens to be the one I keep my cutter and scissors in, anyways I asked him what he was doing and I guess I scared him. About that time I hear something hit the floor I turn around just in time to see him picking up my rotary cutter! He puts it back in the cabinet and closes the door. Fast farward 3 hours, kids are sleeping husband is walking out the door for work, I am getting all my quilting stuff out, I make a cut, go to close the cutter and the blade won't go back in! I guess I should be glad I don't have to drag all three kids to the store because the blade won't come OUT, but grrrrr.

Moral of the story, there are just some things that should be off limits to even HUSBANDS! Exp. in my house. lol I wish he wasn't so tall, I would put things up so he and the kids couldn't reach them. But unfortunately I would have to grow two foot just to be a couple inches taller than him!

:roll: :roll:
    Men, sometimes they can be quite a pain, can't they?

rotflmbo,,,, wow,, I guess better than him cutting himself,,lol..

GRRRRRRR, I though you were going to say he had to go get stitches or something!

I have thrown my chubby little body across certain things and swore on a stack of krispy treats if he so much as touches one single thing, even a straight pin, I will hurt him. I will hide his keys, I will not buy his favorite luncheon meat as I do for a treat, I will hide his pop corn... I have PAPER ONLY in marker on one pair of sissors and "DO NOT TOUCH" on my really special ones and I have bits of ribbon on my tiny little sissors and told him the basket behind my Pfaff has nothing in it that he needs to know about (my hidden krispty treats) and if he sees plain musling or batting and he thinks because it's kinda just sitting on the edge of something does NOT mean he use that to clean his paint brushes. And sometimes, he actually remembers. Then we go out and he surprises me with a stop at one of two fabric stores in the area and treats me to special fabric that I may see and love to have but really can't afford. I just love this man.. so I take a lot of Tylinol...

Ya'll are funny! I can relate.

Blog Entries
    Im so glad im not married!!!! lol

I have threatened to buy two pairs of expensive scissors for every pair he ruins. Now he marches into the sewing room and sticks something out at me and says "I need this cut." He also got his own pair of scissors marked "paper." Actually those things are so dull the only thing they will cut is paper. LOL

you could try putting them in a very low drawer, perhaps he won't want to bend over looking there. My DH doesn't, he just asks where it is, even if I have to have him move to get the item (because he is blocking the cupboard with his shins).

I have husband who takes a count of all the material I have. He ia always asking me questions. How maney quilts is this bunch of fabric for ? What are you going to do with all these quilts your making? How maney quilts do we need? All you do is sew and sew. And I look at him and say. When my time is up you can have fun selling them. Now leave me alone and go work on your collection of matchbox cars.{ He will stop at every Walmart he sees as he's driving just to see if they have his cars he's looking for} But do I say anything about his collecting little cars. No way. Point made Oh by the way I buy only the small scissors. His fingers are to big to use them.

How frustrating is that. I have caught my son with the rotary cutter. (He is an adult.) Then he just looks guilty and puts it down.

Many years ago when our son was 8 or 9 he and DH got some sort of kit and needed to have really small nails to hold parts while drying.
    What do you think they found that would be "perfect" Took my brand new expensive scissors and cut the head of my pins. I was sooo mad I dared not speak a word. But later DH got an ear full which was pasted onto our son. They never touched anything of mine again without asking.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Never had a problem with my boys touching my stuff. My husband is so scatterbrained that he will use whatever he sees.
    I hide everything from him!! hee hee

Yeah, I used to hide the cookies in a package in the freezer with LIVER written on it. No,j don't put your rotary cutter or scissors in the freezer, but maybe you have a place in your home he wouldn't think to check out and that would be safe for the children. How about a locked money box where the your family would never suspect something is there?

Quote Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Many years ago when our son was 8 or 9 he and DH got some sort of kit and needed to have really small nails to hold parts while drying.
    What do you think they found that would be "perfect" Took my brand new expensive scissors and cut the head of my pins. I was sooo mad I dared not speak a word. But later DH got an ear full which was pasted onto our son. They never touched anything of mine again without asking.
    Hope you got a REAL nice pair of scissors along with his apology.

Hmmmm, guess that is why DH stands for something very different down under. And he would not be getting to rummage in my drawers for a while as punishment.
    :twisted: :oops: :shock: :lol:

2 funny!

LOL, yes dh should definetly not be allowed to touch our quilty stuff, mine borrowed my cutter and mat to cut some flannel squares for cleaning a shot gun... he cut right thru the mat.. So much for self healing, he killed it. didn't you all hear me???

Wow, I am really lucky! My DH doesn't touch any of my sewing stuff. He dubbed the room my longarm is in "the woman cave". My sewing room doubles as guest bedroom for when my brother visits and neither of them touch any of my sewing stuff. I am sooooo thankful.

I have to take some blame here. My husband never goes in my sewing "cave" either haha Cute name!!
    But I get sloppy and leave things around, like on the kitchen table and that's when he may pick up whatever and use it.
    It's not intentional- he just doesn't think!!
    I've been a lot more careful these days :D

Quote Originally Posted by simplecomforts
    I have husband who takes a count of all the material I have. He ia always asking me questions. How maney quilts is this bunch of fabric for ? What are you going to do with all these quilts your making? How maney quilts do we need? All you do is sew and sew. And I look at him and say. When my time is up you can have fun selling them. Now leave me alone and go work on your collection of matchbox cars.{ He will stop at every Walmart he sees as he's driving just to see if they have his cars he's looking for} But do I say anything about his collecting little cars. No way. Point made Oh by the way I buy only the small scissors. His fingers are to big to use them.
    I have to pray that the postman comes before my dh gets home when I am expecting a package. Unfortunately, my new postman comes between 5 and 6 and he is home by then. I feel guilty when I buy more fabric because I know he thinks I have too much as it is. However, when I walk downstairs to his "man cave," I often stop feeling guilty. Unlike matchbook cars, my husband collects guns and ammunition. He reloads his ammo, so his collection of guns, bullets, casings, powder, et cetera, would rival my fabric collection any day. I KNOW he has way more invested in his collection than I do. He has lots of ammunition that cost over a dollar a bullet! When he goes to shoot, he probably uses up at least a hundred dollars worth of ammunition in an hour. I sure don't do that with my quilting!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day
    Hmmmm, guess that is why DH stands for something very different down under. And he would not be getting to rummage in my drawers for a while as punishment.
    :twisted: :oops: :shock: :lol:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ladies,

Thanks for the laugh this morning, it goes well with my coffee.

I have 4 or 5 pairs of scissors, each has its place in my sewing room. One is or should say was for cutting odds and ends in the house, so when I replaced them. That pair made it's way to my husband's shop. I have yet to have him come in and us any part of my stash as cleaning rags, but my candy stash is another story.

My husband wanders into my sewing room, and things get remodeled or I get a new sewing item. So I guess you could say.....my husband can wander in the sewing room anytime and ravage the fabric.

Oh yes, I am a hider a well. DH won't dig through my sewing cabinet, I know that much. Everything is contained in drawers and Rubbermaid boxes. I gave him his own scissors, too :)

My husband used to use my sewing scissors for a lot of things many years ago (his mother always bought cheap scissors and I guess he never really thought about it). Then fate caught up with him :XD: and he BROKE the blades of my sewing scissors that he'd borrowed w/o permission to cut pieces of cardboard. Yes, you heard right, cardboard. I think he knew he was in deep ... stuff... anyway, I shamed him into getting me new scissors (I gave him a list of stores to look in, I can be nice or I might still be waiting for those darn things). He walked in with Ginghers and has never touched them again w/o asking.

A serious discussion is probably in order if your hubby has boundery issues. What if you had reached in and cut yourself on the open blade because he messed it up? My husband is far from perfect but we drew boundery lines a long time ago. I ask to poke into his tool area and borrow his stuff and he returns the favor. I always had my scissors and cuttors hanging on a pegboard in plain sight (even when the kids were little, they knew never to touch) but if you are worried about safety, use a lock box.

I have never had the urge to keep a stash of candy so I don't really know why he rummages. If he's looking for treats, have you tried hiding a treat on his pillow or in his lunch periodically to maybe curb his hunting instinct? It works for the cats. :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast