Grrrrr.....

Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Sounds like this lady is not much of a friend. I would be mortified if my dog did this in someone's home and I would never bring my dog along w/out asking first. The only place we take our dog w/out asking is my DMIL's house - and she does the same w/her dog when she comes tomy house. As long as no one leaves any piles or puddles everything is OK. If your friend is afraid to speak up for herself I guess she is just going to have to keep cleaning up someone elses mess. She is a big girl - she needs to figure out how to handle it.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:28 AM

I think you've already proved that diplomatic and subtle techniques don't work with this person. Sounds like she's the type that only listens to direct and blunt.

Good luck to your friend. This isn't an easy one to get out of without hurting feelings.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:54 AM

We used to have "friends' who would bring an uncontrolled dog when they visited, so after talking it over, as soon as they were seen coming up the walk (they never called first, probably because they discovered no one home") I would call one of ours into the house and put him or her on the "down, stay" and let him lie there, but never corrected him when he snarled at the visiting dogs. Folks never seemed to want to stay long after that.
All ours were rescue Dobermans that I had schooled myself.

Lovely beasts, better behaved than some of my one sister's kids.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Japonica
Oh, and I forgot, my anti social grumpy DH once picked up the poop, put it in a bag and delivered it back to the lady. When she opened the door he opened the bag and dumped it in her entryway. Thus, ending a friendship!!!!! LOL

One of the many stories in the "naked Grumpy City"
:twisted:
Sometimes that's the only way they understand!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 01-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewilicious
This makes me go grrrr.... First of all there couldn't be a better animal lover than me, I have two dogs both females and they are the light of my life. Now here is my dilemma. I have a friend (Daphne) that has two small dogs and every time she bring's them to my house without asking permission, they run around like crazy through the house and after they leave I find puddles of urine and dog poo in hidden areas. After telling Daphne what the dogs have done she simply denies this and bring's them around again and again, till I finally told her that these dogs are not welcome in my home.
Now she is doing this to another friend of mine (Trudy).
Trudy does not know how to approach Daphne, for fear of losing her friendship, I flat out told Trudy what I said but she wants another way out, so I am coming to you with words of wisdom could I have suggestions? In Diplomatic way what can Trudy say to Daphne.
I know this probably going way too far, but why not bag the doo-doo and wrap it up in a pretty box and tell her not to open it until she gets home :twisted:
Old 01-23-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
With 'friends' like that, who needs enemies?
Isn't that the truth.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:50 PM

I am allergic to animals so I would NEVER let anyone in my home with an animal(s). I would never presume to bring an animal to anyone's home. People who have animals have to be responsible owners of them. My hubby has to clean up our yard every day of dog/cat droppings. We shouldn't have to do that as we choose not to have pets. I even had to tell some clients who brought their dogs to our office, that they had to leave them in the car as they would make me very ill. They just looked at me like I had grown horns and they didn't remove their pets. So the whole time they were in our office, I sneezed and wheezed and cleared my throat. Some people are just rude!
Old 01-23-2011, 01:56 PM

Dogs have a tendency to mark territory, especially if they are not spayed or neutered. But sometimes neutered males still mark. Sounds like this person has no idea about animal behavior and treats her dogs as humans. She needs to watch Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer. He has a common sense approach to training your dog to behave properly.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Doesn't sound like a friend to me.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:25 PM

We live on a lake & during the summer we have LOTS of company. And the company likes to bring their dogs for the weekends, even tho I have said repeatedly NO DOGS. I had a cocker spaniel that was terrible about marking his territory at the sight of another dog so the whole time they are here, I'm cleaning up his messes. I finally got rid of the cocker & found out that it was their dog too. So next summer, all dogs outdoors, I don't care how hot it is. Just make sure they have water.It's bad enough my house is a total wreck after they leave but putting up with the animals I can't do. So OUTSIDE ON A LEASH