HALF TIME SHOW

Old 02-07-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by WLee
WLee: Sorry, I couldn't call that music. And, my opinion is that The Star Spangled Banner should be sung by someone with a trained voice with reverence, not by a pop star in a pop or rock style. I know I will probably offend someone with this opinion, but that is how I feel. But, probably many people loved it--to each his own!
I already wrote into Quilting Board giving my opinion on the National Anthem. That was absolutely horrible, disgraceful and the half-time was geared to the young kids. Now, what I would like to know ---- who paid for the tickets to go to the Super Bowl! Surely not us fogies who appreciate a good singer who can follow the notes the way they were written. So, then, where did the younger kids get that kind of money to go. I did find out in our paper yesterday that these halftime "entertainers" do not get paid for their performance except lodging, food and their entourage. So it absolutely has to be for free advertising on their part. And is that tax deductible? Here I go again! Edie
Old 02-07-2011, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I liked it :D:D:D
Me Too!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
I thought it was alot better than some of the last couple years...and no wardrobe mal-functions, lol.

It should keep the people pepped up and moving so they didn't get cold.

I like the beat Dick and I'll give it a 45 (mmm do you remember where this is from?)
Oh wow, American Bandsatnd!!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:14 AM

TxWildflower: I agree with you.
The commercials stunk and the closest I can come was the monkeys getting out of the car, but.....what was the commercial about?
Dodee
(PS: I'll take the Buckeyes anytime)
Old 02-07-2011, 04:19 AM

Didn't watch either one. Never do. Come to watch a football game. Guess my age is showing.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

I like some BEP stuff, but didn't care for that show...they couldn't sing, the mikes didn't always work and what was the deal with the ice cubes?????

I hated the rendition of the anthem...purely pitiful...forgetting the words,etc.

At least the game was good though.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 AM

I really like the car made in Detroit commercial.

Makes me want to buy a car :-D
Old 02-07-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
It was Horrible...maybe a 10 year old would like it...I wrote to Fox Sports. That was the worst ever...No wonder the Pats didn't want to win...
This is the report from my 10 year old granddaughter who really likes the music of that band.

"The show was bad, the music was bad, and Fergie is just old". She had been so looking forward to the half-time and was sooo disappointed.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 AM

IMO...there should NOT be an interpretation of the SPB. Beautiful song does not need to be changed and she screwed it up big time.

Half time show used to be great and now just turned into mini concerts for some group that doesn't need promotion.

Maybe most of us here are older, I'm 60, (did I just admit that?) and remember HTS that were wonderful. used to watch the sB just for half time. Now I watch the game and eat during HTS.

Game was great! Nail bitter at the end which is the way the game should be. Two teams fighting it out and yes I am a cheese head.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:23 AM
Zoe

I sure do remember because every afternoon after school my brother and I would rush home to watch Dick Clark's American Bandstand. We would try to dance like the kids in Philly did, sometimes with our mom joining in. Mom liked Dottie, Justine, and Bob. Where did the years go? But thanks for a wonderful trip down memory lane. :lol:

I love the Blackeyed Peas and their music. It does get you moving, helping you to lose weight.

:lol: