Happy Mother's Day!

Old 05-10-2015, 07:25 AM

Default Happy Mother's Day!

I am new to the board, but I wanted to send warm regards to all the mother's on this board. It is because of you and all that you do that the world is a better place. Today my daughter inserted something in the card that she gave to me and I wanted to share it with all of you:

Your Mother is always with you. She’s the whisper of the leaves as you walk down the street, she’s the smell of certain foods you remember, flowers you pick, the fragrance of life itself. She’s the cool hand on your brow when you’re not feeling well, she’s your breath in the air on a cold winter’s day. She is the sound of the rain that lulls you to sleep, the colors of a rainbow, she is Christmas morning. Your mother lives inside your laughter. She’s the place you came from, your first home, and she’s the map you follow with every step you take. She’s your first love, your first friend, even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate. Not time, not space…not even death.
Author--unknown
Old 05-10-2015, 07:28 AM

Thank SS, Happy Mother's Day to all mothers on the board. I am quilting today, my favorite thing at the moment ....
Old 05-10-2015, 07:37 AM

Thank you so much and that is so sweet of you. I love the poem. It is so true. My mom died when I was 15, but I hadn't seen her since I was 5 and my dad stole us from her. I'm now 61 and I still think of her constantly, still so very thankful that I have some memories of her, all good of course and I still miss her so much. My only daughter is named after her too. I had a rough child hood but thankfully the memories of her are all good and I still feel the love she had for her 5 kids. I too have 5 kids, 13 grandkids, twins due in Nov and 5 great grandkids so far. I only pray that at least one of them hold me this close to their hearts long after I'm gone. No one should be forgotten, mothers do so much and it never stops no matter how rough it gets. My daughter told me that it seams that only mothers are there for you no matter what you do. She said others always say they love you but from what she sees it moms that demonstrate it as well. She now has two kids with the twins on the way and I see her using the same skills that I used for my kids along with new ones and she's a great mother.

Happy Mothers day to all on this board and to all of the women out there with the love in their hearts to do a job that no one else can do as well.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Thank you and happy mother's day to you too.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:38 PM

Thank you for sharing this lovely poem. I'm 70 years old and this is my 1st Mother's Day without my Mom. She passed this January, 3 weeks before her 101 birthday. I'm been sad all day but this poem was very comforting.
Old 05-12-2015, 10:56 AM

Betty, I am so glad that this poem made you feel comfort. We should all be so lucky as to have 70 years of beautiful memories of our Mom. I have read before that as long as we remember someone, a part of their life continues on. That is amazing that your dear Mom lived to be 101! What a blessing for you! Sharon
Old 05-12-2015, 11:42 AM

Judy,

I also know what it is like to be a daughter without a Mom. I am so sorry that you were stolen away. Some adults just don't stop and think enough about their impact on children. My Mom left me when I was an infant and I didn't meet her again until I was in high school. My own situation strengthened my resolve to be there for my children. I went through some difficult times as a young single mother with no safety net and no Mom to turn to for support or advice. But I endured and persevered and drew from my maternal instincts. In a strange way, I guess, I drew inner strength from being motherless, and it caused me to be more powerful and devoted as a Mom when it mattered most. I'll bet you can relate to that. I may not get everything right, but I try hard and I sure do take the job seriously. It sounds as though you have been extremely blessed with your children. Congratulations on the twins. I hope you'll post photos in November. Sharon