Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever felt ignored? >

Have you ever felt ignored?

Have you ever felt ignored?

Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 AM

I read more than I reply. I'm on PDA & go there more than on Main or Gen ChitChat. I go to Pics when I'm busy just to look. I don't mean to make anyone feel slighted & try not to feel slighted if others don't have time to reply to me. I'm bad to get off track if a subject starts out, then someone mentions something I don't know about (I'm very curious because I like to learn different things), so I'll ask not thinking about others are reading besides the author of the subject. Let me apologize. If there are a lot of answers already to the posters question or statement, I usu don't comment.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:45 AM

I'm sorry that has happened! I think on here you can assume other posts got your's bumped down the page so no one really seen it, or they just didn't have an answer. Everyone on here is so nice and friendly, I'm sure it didn't just get ignored.
If it ever happens again, just re-post it! :)
I read more than I post these days, just too much other going on in life right now.
:)
Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

I learned never to take anything personal on forums or group postings. I usually forget about a post I make unless it pops up on the first page again.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Personally I don't feel ignored on this board. Sometimes I do in real life but never on this board.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I wish I had the time to leave a comment on every post but there are to much and we have a real slow computer( we have only one ands it's an oldy)so I don't post al the time just some comments when I like something and not forget to react.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 AM

I really like it here. another one I felt left out but not here. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I am glad I found this one.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:03 AM

You ladies are awesome and are the most helpful group of people. I agree this board is ideal when it comes to quilting and the like. You couldn't ask for any better group of people.

My thoughts were not necessarily about posting to a thread, but about posting on a thread and being ignored. Not always, but have you ever posted on a thread and felt skipped over or like your opinions, ideas, advice was totally ignored? There was never a mention or acknowledgement of it. Not that every post on a thread has to be talked about by everybody, but when it happens several times you begin to wonder why you bothered with the input.

Maybe I'm not making sense but I just wondered if others have had the same experience. And ladies I'm not bringing this up because it's just me. It is something I want to do better on because I know I am guilty of doing, the very same thing to others, that bothers me.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM

I have felt that way a couple of times. Once even wonderd if the word had gone out to "ingore" me. But I realize that it is impossible to read and respond to every post, I certainly can't. Also sometimes if you respond somewhere in the middle of a thread, people may not be interested enough in the thread to go back and check every posting that has come on since they last read it. Or they don't have time to read the entire thread before they make their post. I hardly check the PDA's because i don't have the time to "catch" up on what all is going on. My own PDA went nowhere, so to speak, so I havn't used it much.
There are a lot of wonderful people on here and I don't think anyone intentionally ignores us (though we may feel like it) There's just too much to see and do here!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM

I have to plead guilty as charged! lol I often read a post and start to reply, then realize that some has already got there before me and written it much more clearly than I ever could.This old brain doesnt work quite as quickly as it once did so I tend to not bother to reply!
I come on here most days just to see how you're all doing...I really must do more posting and less lurking! lol

Karen xx
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 PM

I go in spurts- sometimes post a lot, but then think- shut up, you're only saying what others say. (It's that evil barb/good Barb girls on my shoulders).

I read a lot, but don't post as much. I try not ot ignore anyone at all, but sometimes we get in a fog.

P.S. I like your avatar- it's symbolic for all of us- apples, oranges, lemons, we're all different.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM

I am fairly new to this, I have looked for a long time but didn't register until last month. I guess I didn't realize we were supposed to post an answer to all replies. Sorry about that but it takes a lot of time and I do respond to a lot of them.