Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
have you ever had Myelogram >

have you ever had Myelogram

have you ever had Myelogram

Old 06-22-2011, 05:28 AM

My DH and I both had one in 2000. He was fine, but I had a TERRIBLE migraine, with the nausea and all the pain. But when I called the drs. office about the migraine, they said to make sure my body was inclined -- feet UP, head DOWN -- for the rest of the day. Long story short......migraine and symptoms went away (I always have to sleep during a migraine, this time too). I did make sure I put a rolled towel under my neck, since I have neck problems too.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Yes, I had a myelogram last year. Always heard war stories of how they used to be done, standind you on your head to get dye into the right place. I was very apprehensive about getting it. I went ahead and it was a breeze, nothing to it. No pain, numb area good, no standing on head, just tilt table alittle. Make sure you don't have any kidney issues before getting it done because the dye is not good for diabetics and kidneys.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
I have had one and it was the worst thing I ever did. The needle hole didnt close back up after the procedure and I ended up having to have a bloodpatch to fix the leak. Talk about a migraine headache. I wouldnt wish that one on my worst enemy. I had mine done on a thursday and I lived so far away form the hospital that did it I had to suffer thru the whole weekend before they could get the blood patch to help me.Please find a different way of getting this looked at. Dont do the Myelogram. Please there are other ways of looking at you under an mri or cat scan. ect. Remember this is my own experience and opinion. Not a law or supreme suggestion.
That sounds like what I was told about saddle blocks for delivery.
The doctor told me: "At first the headache will make you think you are dying, and then you will hope that you do!"
And for exactly what stewy says: the puncture hole doesn't always close - - you are, after all, piercing the spinal system, which by design, is a closed system.
Amazingly enough - - I have had one saddle block and was interested in finding nurses who thought I ought to be sitting up in bed to nurse my baby before the time was up - - and all sorts of other things that I just had to move around to do (which I refused) ...
we do all have our "war stories", dont we? <g> <wave>