Have you felt like this.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:08 AM

Don't panic, you will get the itch soon enough. I also go through periods where I don't even want to see fabric let alone sew anything. But then I find a quilt that I really want to do and I'm back to sewing. It has been a VERY hot summer here (up to 117 degrees) and I hope when it starts getting cooler (around Halloween) I will get back to sewing. Germanquilter - I live in the Mojave desert in California and I will tell you that when people move here, they seem to want to sleep for the first 4-6 weeks. We are only at 2500 feet, so I don't think it is the altitude. And since you just spent all that time moving (packing, unpacking, setting up rooms), I would certainly give yourself time to rest before jumping back into quilting.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM

I sometimes don't sew on the machine much due to physical problems or other priorities, but do use that time to design quilts and learn more about quilting. Recently, I've been forced into the situation by a herniated disk and cannot go downstairs to my sewing room. I'm not thrilled about that, but have been taking Craftsy classes, hanging out here, and designing quilts. I can also tie quilts upstairs, and have 18 finished tops to quilt or tie for homeless families for Christmas.

So long as you are doing something like hand sewing, you are still sewing, IMHO.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

I just ordered epp to do 1,000 pyramids, will prob turn out to be 1500. I need a handwork job also