Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help with Chicken & crock pot >

Help with Chicken & crock pot

Help with Chicken & crock pot

Old 12-03-2010, 08:37 PM

make stuffin muffins and put in muffin pan in toaster oven. taste great , gets nice and brown all over.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Banned

This is what I would do............

I would slice potaotes, peeled or un peeled it is your choice. I would layer then in the bottom of the crock. I would mix together milk, a little flour, onion powder, salt and pepper. I would pour the milk mixture over the potatoes to cover I would put the chicken on top and let the crock pot do it's thing. You will have chilken with scalloped potaotes. Yes there will be the juice/fat from the chicken in the potatoes however it adds flavor and it REAL scalloped potatoes butter is always add so the fat will take the place of the butter.

Another recipe...........1 can cream of chicken soup or any cream soup you would like. Put the soup in the bottom of the crock. Fill the can with rice and add that to the crock. fill the can with milk add that. Stir. top with your chicken. Not says comfort like chicken and rice.

As for the stuffing, here is and easy peasy recipe with no fuss. 1 bag of butter garlic croutons, 1 can chicken broth, 1 tb dried onion flakes. Heat the broth add the onion and croutons. Toss and let it set in the pot until broth is absorbed.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Dee

Again I learned about chicken in the crock pot. The foil part is valuable info. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 PM

For years it's been recommended to *never* stuff a bird regardless of the oven used.

I put a whole fryer in my crockpot on top of several foil wrapped potatoes. Delicious. I always use a heavy dry rub on the chicken. Takes six hours on high.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:32 PM

Both DH and I work so the CP is our friend lots of days!!

I often put potatoes, carrots, and onion in the crock, place the chicking on top..add whatever seasoning strikes my fancy that day. We come home to wonderful smells and a ready meal. (And minimal cleanup before heading to the sewing room after!!!)

Patti
Old 12-05-2010, 08:45 AM

I would think the dressing would be soupy and awfully fat if cooked together, however, I do make crockpot dressing for the holidays, and it is excellent. Maybe cook the chicken one day and refrigerate, then cook the dressing the next day and add the cooked chicken for the last hour.

I always cook the turkey (or chicken) ahead and cut it off the bone, because I serve it on a platter anyway. It sure improves my ability to get everything done and on the table hot and at the same time. The portrait of Thanksgiving with all the dishes on the table and dad bringing in the 40 lb bird in to be carved at the table is beautiful, but as a practical woman, congealed mashed potatoes is very unappealing. By the time you finish carving enough to serve the table, everything else is stone cold. Norman Rockwell obviously didn't do the cooking...