Help with Dog PEEING!!!!!!

Old 10-20-2011, 04:52 AM

https://www.spoiledbratzwear.artfire.com]https://www.spoiledbratzwear.artfire.com[/url]

I went to the above address and there was a warning to CLOSE IMMEDIATELY - that there was a security issue.

My Jack has had the peeing problem before and after being neutered. He gets excited, he pees, if he is bored, he pees. Also, we have gone thru all kinds of leashes and harnesses, and somehow (the little contortionist (sp) chews them up. Sweet little devil is a poodle. We bought a $17 harness last week, and came home to find it completely destroyed. I will look into the belly pads. I was trying to figure how to attach a maxi-pad to him - but I KNOW he would chew it off in seconds! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 AM

http://bestdogdiapers.com/sizes.html

this is where i got mine
Old 10-20-2011, 05:29 AM

I would take him to the vet. Sounds medical to me if he was doing ok before.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
We have two almost three year old dogs. (Bichon/Maltese/Terrier) They are brothers from the same litter. One we've had since he was a baby, the other we got about a year ago when the people that have the mom passed the house of the adopted parents had him tied to a tree in the snow with no shelter or padding. She is a bus driver and stopped her bus, got off, picked him up and took him home. Being that we had the brother they asked us to take him. We were getting ready to lose our 14 year old English Setter so we agreed to do it.

Everything has gone well over the last year except he has suddenly started to PEE all over!!!!! He didn't do it much except once in a while, but now he's almost seeking out places to pee! He loves peeing on plastic bags, so we bought pee pee pads and put a plastic bag on it, and he uses but he still goes elsewhere!!!

He even got up on the ottoman the other day, where I had a bag with fabric, and PEED ON IT! He's not exclusive to plastic bags, they're just his favorite.

I do NOT know what to do!!!! HELP!!!!!
HE IS MARKING HIS SCENT HE NEEDS TO BE NEUTERED AND WHEN YOU CATCHING HIM PEEING.SPANK HIM WITH A FLY SWAT THAT HOW I HOUSE BROKE 8 OR 9 DOGS AND I MEAN A GOOD SPANKING NOT LOVE LICKS AS I CALL THEM.YOU CAN ALSO TRY CRATE TRAINING.IF YOU AIN'T PLAYING WITH HIM OR HE IS EATING HE GOES IN TO A CRATE AND WHEN YOU TAKE HIM OUT SIDE LET HIM DO HIS BUISNESS AND THEN BRING HIM BACK IN.IF HE DOES NOT DO HIS BUISNESS BACK IN THE CRATE HE GOES.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:39 AM

I "inherited" my Dad's shitzu 2 1/2 yrs ago when my Dad passed away while living with us after Mom died. He is the same way. He's almost 10 now so there's no changing him. I too made belly bands and use cheap pads.

Originally Posted by cdobbert40
Good Luck. Don't want to pee on your parade, but I gave up. I have two shitzu's (spelled incorrectly on purpose)

come inside eat the puppy treat and will lift a leg on a door casing with me standing there watching.

just very stubborn shitzu's. I have finally stared using the bands with the cheap sanitary napkins, they are just shits.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 AM

Not sure if any one mention this one but small dogs have small bladders. They are like babies and need to go out to pee about every two hours. They should go out also after eating and after playing and after napping.

Originally Posted by LLWinston44
We have two almost three year old dogs. (Bichon/Maltese/Terrier) They are brothers from the same litter. One we've had since he was a baby, the other we got about a year ago when the people that have the mom passed the house of the adopted parents had him tied to a tree in the snow with no shelter or padding. She is a bus driver and stopped her bus, got off, picked him up and took him home. Being that we had the brother they asked us to take him. We were getting ready to lose our 14 year old English Setter so we agreed to do it.

Everything has gone well over the last year except he has suddenly started to PEE all over!!!!! He didn't do it much except once in a while, but now he's almost seeking out places to pee! He loves peeing on plastic bags, so we bought pee pee pads and put a plastic bag on it, and he uses but he still goes elsewhere!!!

He even got up on the ottoman the other day, where I had a bag with fabric, and PEED ON IT! He's not exclusive to plastic bags, they're just his favorite.

I do NOT know what to do!!!! HELP!!!!!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:48 AM

Sounds like he needs re-training as suggested before. I would crate him, tether him or gate him and try a belly band. You could make one with some scraps.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 AM

Take him to the vet, he might be developing bladder stones.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:52 AM

I have a new member of our family - a 3--year old doxie who's pretty good about going outside. However, he has had a few accidents and have considered making him a belly band. I looked at the ones at PetSmart and they're $17 for small breeds.

Looks like they use the same micro-absorbent materials used in diapers then you just wash them. I'm not crazy about the idea of having the buy several of these then having to always be washing them.

The rescue group I got him from suggested making one that has a soft pocket where I can slip in a kotex pad then simply throw that away.

My question on the ones I saw on artfire sites -- if these are made from flannel / cotton, what absorbs the urine?

I even thought of buying premie diapers and cut them up and put inside the homemade version - these would be more absorbent.

Thanks for any info on this subject since I'm a bit frustrated with this little guy. Other than this one issue, he's a perfect dog so I'm not giving up on him.

Originally Posted by hazeljane
check out pee-liminators belly bands at:

https://www.spoiledbratzwear.artfire.com.]https://www.spoiledbratzwear.artfire.com.[/url]

Holly is a rescue person and hers are the best!

The other thing you need is a product called Unique Pet Odor and Stain Remover. You can contact their website to see where to buy it near you:

www.uniquemm.com.

I rescue dogs, frequently from puppy mills- freaked out and not potty trained. These things are a MUST.

You might also try to put some Rescue Remedy in the water bowl. A couple of drops. You can get this at a people health food store. It's a Bach Flower Remedy that works really well on anxious pets.

Good luck!
Chippy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]274305[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-274252.jpe  
Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 AM

Sometimes if they have that problem, a dental cleaning could help, ask your vet though. I crate trained my dogs, and if they peed, they would get corrected , if they got a light tap with the fly swatter , shamed and got to where sometimes one would pee in the garage, so put a fly swatter on the cleaned spot........no problems now. We have doggie doors. so they can go out whenever. Hope your little ones do better, Love really helps!