Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help! I gotta mail something weird! RSVP-ASAP! >

Help! I gotta mail something weird! RSVP-ASAP!

Help! I gotta mail something weird! RSVP-ASAP!

Old 09-02-2010, 02:25 PM

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions. He will have his teeth tomorrow.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:43 PM

Here's another good one for ya...hubby wears false teeth and travels w/work. When he was in Las Vegas he took an old cracked upper denture to see if he could super glue it. He wrapped it in a face washcloth and promptly forgot it when he left. I met up w/him for the weekend at his next destination and he was too embarassed to call the LV hotel and explain the situation. I did it for him and boy did I have fun w/THAT one! The hotel was very kind and looked in the laundry and even found it for us. Oh and hubby made me go in and pick it up for him too...that one cost him though! What happens in Vegas doesn't always STAY in Vegas.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:29 PM

along with all the other suggestions i would ask the post office if you could have them put a HAND STAMP only sticker on it
Old 09-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Ok not laughing now LOL but I think you should call a dentist first and ask about moisture. Sounds funny but they may need it so they don't dry out to much in case it takes a while to get there.
I don't have dentures or nothing but it seem that everyone I know that does have them keeps them in a jar of water or something so I would thinks it for some reason.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:35 PM

DONNAJEAN: r u saying you can go to the usps website and payonline and print a label to avoid going to the post office. i have a stash of boxes, i live out in the country and sometimes have to make a special trip to town to mail a box, i sure would like to print it from home and put it in my mailbox!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM

the baggie is a great idea, then I would wrap them in bubble wrap and then pack popcorn around the baggie...they should be pretty safe packaged that way.... Good luck..
Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM

A baggie, zip lock or double seal...blown full of air and bubble wrap, or batting or POPCORN...like I ship cookies!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:53 PM

LOL tell brother I feel for him... all of above are great, and the batting I'd have !! Good Luck
Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 PM

ah-oh.. That is funny.. I've had some silly things left here when people have left.. but not teeth.. I agree, bubble wrap, and a sturdy box... priority shipping! but I think you should include some wax teeth or wind-up ones along with the real ones in case he needs some spares!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:23 PM

If you use a baggie, make sure you blow into the bag like a baloon. That's why potato chip bags are full of air, so they don't get all broken. And absolutely make sure they are separated and wrapped with bubble wrap.