Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please >

Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please

Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please

Old 08-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Administrator

YOU GUYS have me laughing so hard my boss is gonna catch me sneaking this in from the office.

i "asked a question" to which i thought the answer was obvious. i didn't expect it to start a new debate. ya'll took it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. :lol: :lol: :lol:

my personal opinion is that pets and babies both belong in PDAs. period. but, once we decided to let pets back into GCC, it began to feel awfully wierd to leave them but delete the kids. i could picture myself staring down the snout of Susy's schnauzer, and fuming because my cuddly-poo grandbaby got the old heave ho. it just didn't seem fair.

my "question" was my way of letting you all know that i wasn't going to delete the kids anymore.

but, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, don't turn GCC into an endless flood of babies and pets. take turns, ya'll. keep it moderate and reasonable. otherwise Admin is gonna kill me. :shock: :lol:

p.s. i know this is going to sound harsh, but i'm going to say it anyway. i have no sympathy for anybody who's "afraid" to post.

1. if you haven't seen anything like the post you want to share in GCC lately, and you aren't sure, just ask first. it's too easy.
2. keep it in perspective. if you make a mistake, only the post disappears. you'll still be safe, sound, and as welcome as ever. we aren't going to send thugs to your house to drag you out of bed and beat you up in the street. we won't spit on your kittens, kick your puppies, dress your kids funny, or eat your last bag of cheetos.

cross my heart :wink:
Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 AM

aw man! I was going to post and hope the you would come drag me out of bed. I don't want to be beaten up in the street or have you kick my kitties....I don't have dogs. You CAN dress my kids funny, I don't mind, she does that on her own as it is sometimes.
As for eating my last bag of cheetos...well? I'd have to go buy some before you could eat them. Do you like puffy or crunchy? I like puffy!:) :) :)
Old 08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
keep it moderate and reasonable. otherwise Admin is gonna kill me. :shock: :lol:
I knew that old silverback had a mean streak. He sits there all calm and reserved and when you least expect it, some little baby mugshot is going to set him off. Just be careful Patrice, just be careful! lol
Old 08-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Power Poster

Ofcourse all is forgiven!!!! :D :D :D Not that you need to ask, ya know!! :wink: Your job is hard enough without added self incriminations!!!
I would love to see all baby pictures in Chit Chat

Just seen you last post LMBO Only you!!!
However...you can dress up my grands funny and we shall let them trick or treat you for that last bag of Cheeto's LOL
I am not afraid to post....as long as you do no threaten my chocolate supply :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 08-14-2009, 12:23 PM

Another pervert was just caught in our library, pleasuring himself in the children's section. When they raided his home, there were thousands of "cute baby" pictures on his home computer.

I just find it hard to believe that people would put pictures of kids online for ANYONE to grab and use for their own purposes.

I love pictures of critters, and love to see everyone's pets. If deviants are using those pictures for bad intent, I don't want to know about it!
Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
we aren't going to send thugs to your house to drag you out of bed and beat you up in the street. we won't spit on your kittens, kick your puppies, dress your kids funny, or eat your last bag of cheetos.
Whew! I'm glad to hear the cheetos are safe!
I don't mind any non-quilting pics in GCC. I just cruise thru' the subject tiltles & pick what I want to look at anyway. Sometimes I do miss something good/interesting, but I usually figure that out when the replies start piling up! lol

Thanks for all your work here Patrice, you Georgia Peach you! :wink:
Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM

The simpler you do things, the easier are the rules to follow and the less complaints you will get. I liked it when the two main boards were main (quilting related) and chi chat (non quilting related). The moment you start separating and decide that we need one board for announcement, one board for pics, and who knows how many others, you are opening the door for misinterpretations. When I go to chit chat I read the title of a post and decide if I am going to read it or not. Same thing at the main board.

Every once in a while some will post something inapropiate, or an uninvited gremlim will invade us, but in general, to me, the less rules, the easier. I don't know about you, but I have so much going on in my life to worry about the rules for posting. If it is too complicated, I rather not post at all. No matter what, I still love this place. Keep it simple, please.
That was very well said. PatriceJ--if I'm wondering if it should be posted, I never want to take the time to ask first--that's a pain--simple as it is. I know I'm safe with horses and flowers--but I know what I DO for the horses (impressive hay stack) will be deleted (because it was). So--it can be confusing still and people, most, just aren't going to ask. The gray is PDA, black and white is quilting and non-quilting topics. :wink: Okay--stop rolling your eyes.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Power Poster

I hadn't noticed that the hay stack was deleted. I read it and thought it was interesting - and thinking about dust and itching and aching muscles as I looked at the pictures. Made me think of the barn at my childhood home.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 PM

I just want to see how your brain smacks your head!:)LOL I say call it as you see it or want to work it....all would be fine w/me any way. Left line, human babies and right line furry babies (and if your baby is really, really hairy, it could count to:)LOL You call it, we shall follow...:)Skeat
Old 08-14-2009, 06:07 PM

I would LOVE to see baby pics and Gbaby pics and critter pics in GCC. I have read some PDAs but don't follow them and don't know actually who has one. I like keeping it simple. BTW, I never saw the hay stack! I grew up in the country and would be interested!