Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please >

Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please

Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please

Old 08-14-2009, 03:17 AM
Administrator

it's harder to moderate this section than any other on the board. too many "creative interpretations" of the policy. one or two gray areas left. i'm doing my best, but i wonder if i've relied a bit to heavily on a strict interpretation of one thing, in particular. baby pictures.

birth announcements are supposed to be in the PDAs. soooooo .... i've deleted a recent flood of grandbaby galleries in the General ChitChat section. however, i was smacked on the back of the head a few minutes ago by my own brain.

if pictures of pets are ok, why not babies? i am in no way suggesting we start thinking of babies as pets, but don't we think of our pets as our babies, too?

i guess my questions are these:

1. would i be wrong to assume that the vast majority of you agree that pics of our human babies are of equally general interest and sure-fire smile generators as pics of our pets?

2. would i be correct in assuming you'd rather i left the poor kids alone, for cryin' out loud?

3. and will you please forgive me? i meant well, if that counts for anything. :?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:22 AM

Ok, I'll rub the back of your head so it doesn't hurt. :)
I think leaving the new babies...human AND fur type in Chit Chat is good.
Not everyone scans thru the PDAs and it could be pages and pages of posts on the PDA after a person updates saying "new pictures". Have had that happen.
I think leaving them in Chit Chat is good. That way, everyone can see them "upfront". It's not as if the threads get really long or anything. Then maybe after a couple days move them to the PDAs?
I dunno......I'm sleep deprived at the moment
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 AM

I would leave them because not everyone goes to the pda's and they really are very long.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 AM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

I can't speak for everyone but I love seeing pictures of babies, human or otherwise. I would love to see them in General CC.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:36 AM

Patrice, I know nothing about philosophy (can hardly spell it), but I will try to give you advice as I see it, which doesn't mean is right, but here it goes.

The simpler you do things, the easier are the rules to follow and the less complaints you will get. I liked it when the two main boards were main (quilting related) and chi chat (non quilting related). The moment you start separating and decide that we need one board for announcement, one board for pics, and who knows how many others, you are opening the door for misinterpretations. When I go to chit chat I read the title of a post and decide if I am going to read it or not. Same thing at the main board.

Every once in a while some will post something inapropiate, or an uninvited gremlim will invade us, but in general, to me, the less rules, the easier. I don't know about you, but I have so much going on in my life to worry about the rules for posting. If it is too complicated, I rather not post at all. No matter what, I still love this place. Keep it simple, please.

Maria
Old 08-14-2009, 03:50 AM

I love seeing the babies both human and furry. I have to agree with Maride I post less now because I don't want to break the rules. I am not sure what is the appropriate spot so just don't do it. I liked the board before all the rules.
I still love the board but find it more time consuming.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Banned

You may not want my 2 cents worth, but I enjoy looking at all babys. Human & furbabies. :D
Old 08-14-2009, 04:56 AM

I personally love babies of all kinds, two legged, four legged, furry or not. I would love to see birth announcements kept in the Chit chat section.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 AM

Patrice your making your job harder......Forgive YOU oh please you dint even need to ask ..We already forgave you and will keep on.

I say the the baby pics are uplifting and put smiles on everyones face. Thats what chit chat is all about. :D

Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 AM

Like others i would like pets and babies on general CC. I usually have
just a few minutes to check out what is happening. finding anything in the PDA's is not easy for me to do.

thank you for giving up your time to keep us on track