Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please >
  • Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please

• Help Me Answer a Philosophical Question, Please

Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 PM

Now that you mention it...

I was on vacation when you made changes, and I don't quite understand what is supposed to go in the GCC forum. Pet pictures and jokes?

I haven't looked at any of the PDA's except when I was trying to find information and pictures of the wedding. But those were in the GCC forum.

Is there a thread that clearly defines the difference?
    Old 08-14-2009, 06:19 PM

Never mind. I found it.

It doesn't really matter, of course... I know what a pain it is to moderate, but I do miss seeing the regular chatty threads.
    Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM
    Power Poster

I love to look at the pictures of babies, kids and pets. Please leave them in the chit chat section. Thanks for asking.
    Old 08-14-2009, 06:31 PM

Patrice: you do a great job; don't make it harder on yourself. What's that rule? KISS--keep it simple sister. If it's all in ChitChat, one can skip pets or skip babies or whatever. Sometimes I like cute things, some times I don't. I don't like having to go to different sites that's why I like this section. Now go have a nice piece of chocolate and a glass of wine since you hit yourself in the head; oh wait, that's what I'd do. Thanks for all you do for us.
    Peace-Jan
    Old 08-14-2009, 08:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    YOU GUYS have me laughing so hard my boss is gonna catch me sneaking this in from the office.

i "asked a question" to which i thought the answer was obvious. i didn't expect it to start a new debate. ya'll took it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. :lol: :lol: :lol:

my personal opinion is that pets and babies both belong in PDAs. period. but, once we decided to let pets back into GCC, it began to feel awfully wierd to leave them but delete the kids. i could picture myself staring down the snout of Susy's schnauzer, and fuming because my cuddly-poo grandbaby got the old heave ho. it just didn't seem fair.

my "question" was my way of letting you all know that i wasn't going to delete the kids anymore.

but, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, don't turn GCC into an endless flood of babies and pets. take turns, ya'll. keep it moderate and reasonable. otherwise Admin is gonna kill me. :shock: :lol:

p.s. i know this is going to sound harsh, but i'm going to say it anyway. i have no sympathy for anybody who's "afraid" to post.

1. if you haven't seen anything like the post you want to share in GCC lately, and you aren't sure, just ask first. it's too easy.
    2. keep it in perspective. if you make a mistake, only the post disappears. you'll still be safe, sound, and as welcome as ever. we aren't going to send thugs to your house to drag you out of bed and beat you up in the street. we won't spit on your kittens, kick your puppies, dress your kids funny, or eat your last bag of cheetos.

cross my heart :wink:
    OMG, Patrice, I can finally relax, now...the cheetos are safe!
    A mouse can't go long without cheese! :mrgreen:
    Old 08-15-2009, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
    I love seeing the babies both human and furry. I have to agree with Maride I post less now because I don't want to break the rules. I am not sure what is the appropriate spot so just don't do it. I liked the board before all the rules.
    I still love the board but find it more time consuming.
    I agree and frankly still don't understand what is appropriate to post on the "chit chat" board. I miss the daily banter between members, good or bad. The PDA pages are much too long and time consuming.

It's nice to hear we won't be kicked to the curb if our post is deleted, but it still feels bad when it happens. I speak from experience. Too many rules and censorship is not a good thing. (no, I don't think that is a political remark.....)

And, Karla, I am sorry I missed the haystack. Now, that is something I know I really would have enjoyed.
    Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Moonpi
    Another pervert was just caught in our library, pleasuring himself in the children's section. When they raided his home, there were thousands of "cute baby" pictures on his home computer.

I just find it hard to believe that people would put pictures of kids online for ANYONE to grab and use for their own purposes.

I love pictures of critters, and love to see everyone's pets. If deviants are using those pictures for bad intent, I don't want to know about it!
    This is exactly what I've been thinking. It's a shame that we have any reason to think this way, but this board is still on the big bad internet. I think it is better to keep pictures of kids in a safer place.
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:13 AM

It doesn't matter to me. I sometimes click the thread open...other times I don't. Now...I have not been blessed with grandkids, yet....and I know that when I am, I will want to share...safely. I do have a dog and, of course, he is the most beautiful dog in the world!
    Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam B
    It doesn't matter to me. I sometimes click the thread open...other times I don't. Now...I have not been blessed with grandkids, yet....and I know that when I am, I will want to share...safely. I do have a dog and, of course, he is the most beautiful dog in the world!
    hey, now there's an idea, PamB! Always post your baby pics, with a BIG, hungry looking, protective dog in the picture! :wink:
    Old 08-15-2009, 09:47 AM
    Administrator

Originally Posted by dunster
    It's a shame that we have any reason to think this way, but this board is still on the big bad internet. I think it is better to keep pictures of kids in a safer place.
    there is no such thing as a safe place on a public internet forum. the only thing on this board that only you can see is your private messages in box and outbox.

this is a virtual neighborhood. we feel like "just us", but we are really "just us" plus anybody in the world who wants to watch through the window or listen at the keyhole.