Help with pay pal

Old 08-11-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by kraftykimberly
Ok Im confused, I can get buyers to "gift" payments? I plan to start selling so I just want to be sure to get my ducks in a row. Thanks in advance for some clarification on that one.
I have some issues with this one. If you are using paypal to sell items, you need to pay paypal for the service. If your buyer chooses "gift" then Paypal will not charge you. However, if there is any problem, the buyer is left unprotected- Paypal will not get involved in any dispute.

The reason I use Paypal as a seller is that it offers my buyers some protection from scams and being ripped off. When I buy something from someone I do not know, I want to use Paypal to protect myself.

You can, very easily, connect Paypal to your bank account by following the directions on the site. Another alternative is to request a Paypal debit card, which you can use like a debit card to pay for things WHEN YOU HAVE money in your paypal account. Otherwise, you can keep the money in Paypal and use it to pay for your own online purchases.

We have a Paypal account for our non-profit dog rescue as well as a personal one. When I get donations, I can pay the vet using the debit card, for instance.

I have been using Paypal as a buyer and seller for 10 years with no problem at all. The one time I had a dispute with a seller, it was solved to my satisfaction.

Maggie
Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

I have the same experience Maggie has.
My bank charges me $10 a month for checking plus each check, why shouldn't pay pal?
They give me protection both buying and selling.

I am comfortable paying the Pay Pal fees because I know that if I am unhappy with a purchase, they will back me up. Likewise, if my buyer is unhappy, they help them.

I use the PayPal debit card. There are no fees associated with the card. I use it to pay electric bills, etc., just like any other debit card.