Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
high efficiency top load washing machines....and quilts >

high efficiency top load washing machines....and quilts

high efficiency top load washing machines....and quilts

Old 06-21-2012, 02:36 PM

Topstitch if your clothes aren't all getting wet when you wash, you either have too low water pressure or something is wrong with the water fill valve. Everything should be wet and clean. Did you replace your hoses when you got the new washer? If you have hard water things can clog up. I would get a repair man out there now.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 PM

I have a top loader HE and am finding that it gets my clothes cleaner and it spins the water out so good that it takes less time to dry than to wash. I also have a quilt that I have washed several times and had to soak it good once and have never had any troubles, YET....... my first kenmore lasted more than 15 years and 3 moves and the second non kenmore pooped out at about 10, guess i have been lucky....
Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM

I have an LG Top Loader HE without an agitator like the one Neesie described - I love it! I have washed king size quilts in it and been happy with the outcome.

The only thing I dislike about the HE's is the amount of water used - especially when washing towels - every once in a while I have to wash them on a sanitizing wash - otherwise they get smelly - not sure why - otherwise I love it. I am anxiously awaiting a new set of lines on my clothes line so I can hang those pesky towels outside to dry in the sunshine - that will definitely help with any smells.