High School Reunion

Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Meh! I went to the 20th and the 25th. Didn't like most of those people in high school, why would I want to hang with them now. All the good people I see when I want to, not every 5 years.
Ditto. It's been 30 years and I haven't been to one yet. The few that I connected with then, are still connected now, and have been through these years.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 AM

I hated high school. If you weren't cool you were out. I was always lonely. Now that all changed in college. I would love to go to my college reunion.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Pat has his 40th next weekend. I told him "have fun!"
Old 07-26-2011, 12:36 PM

I didn't like high school particularly so have no interest in a reunion.50th is coming up, I'm not going.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:00 PM

Great reading about everyone re-unions. I graduated in 1970 with I think under 100 people. I went to my 20th re-union and it was ok. Two of my best friends went also.Met up with an old neighbor and friend that night.Good thing it was in 1990, because in June 1991 I was PG @ 40.(kid # 3) LOL... Never really liked high school, kinda shy. But, the friends I hung out with in high school I still see or talk to occasionally. Since moving to Florida I see them when I go up north or if someone comes down here. We had a combined one in 2009 (40th), but I didn't go.It's hard to believe 40+ years !!!! I have kept up on people on FB and someone did post pics of the last re-union.People really do change for the better (well, most did)
Old 07-26-2011, 01:09 PM

For Quilting Jaguar,Your quilt is beautiful !! You should donate it to the high school to save for future generations. Hope you don't think I'm being bold, it's just something I would do. Maybe they would hang it at the entrance or something. Just a thought.We had a very old pic (over 100 years) of a police force. We "sent it home" by giving it to the station that the pics were from before moving to FL
Old 07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

I'm going to the 50th reunion in October. It is in NJ and we live in Louisiana, so it will be a trek. I didn't enjoy high school and only keep in touch with one person who lives up there and isn't going. So we'll see. I was the fat one in high school and now I'm not. Should be interesting. We have relatives still there, so DH and I will have our own reunion of sorts.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM

We had our 50th last fall, I was on the committee,we had 48 in our class. Invitations were sent out to make it sound like a party we wouldn`t want to miss. I don`t remember how many came, but we had lost 8 classmates. We had a big group. One came from her hospital bed and was only to stay 1 hour but had such a good time the hospital called after 2 hours and told her to get back. We lost 4 more since then and all of them were at the party. We played a game, pitting one row a tables against another and before the game was over every one was out of thier chairs claiming victory. We were kids again. Every one should go.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:12 PM

You have a great idea however its not the HS anymore, its being used for something else. I plan to keep it up that way for everyone. I also have a large pocket on the back with a computer list of everyone in the class and etc. If something happens to me they have information of what to do with it. Neat came out really good. My dad was retired from police force in a city in PA..
Old 07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

I went to a church school for high school and every year they have an alumni weekend for all the people who have ever graduated. We get to see all those we were close to for those 4 years. I was close to kids in grades ahead of my year and after my year of graduation so it makes it nice.
I went to my 10th and was so different (had left that church and was already going through a divorce) from everyone else I vowed I never go to another one. But I did go back years later and it was much better. I found the guys changed more than the girls did in their looks.
The one year I put together a booklet of classmates who contributed updated information about themselves and photos, kids, grand kids etc. It was fun.
Now most of us are on fb so we stay in touch. Some more than others, but it's nice.
I have no real desire to go back to another reunion except to see a few special people.
If/when I do go I go alone or with my DD as my kids went to the same school as I did. The one year my DD and I went together (drove from TN to PA to attend) and on Sat we were dressed alike! It was fun!