High School Reunion

Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by Jamiestitcher62
Meh! I went to the 20th and the 25th. Didn't like most of those people in high school, why would I want to hang with them now. All the good people I see when I want to, not every 5 years.
I went to my 25th two summers ago. I was totally shocked to find that of all the people I wasn't fond of in highschool, only one of them was still a b@$%h. She hadn't changed at all. Unbelievable. Everyone else was an adult! It actually was a blast.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:59 PM

I've never been to my high school reunion and I've been to my DH's family reunion once, that's more than enough for me!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:29 PM

My class is having our 40th this fall... they've started a FB page for us and that has been fun... I can reconnect with the friends I had 40 years ago. The class was 350+ so I only knew a few folks. The last reunion I attended was the 20th and will be out of state for this one... I would go if it wasn't a three hour drive and I could stay for about 2 hours visiting and then head back home... and if I was going to be in state, of course...

I'll just have to catch up via FB... The up-side is I don't have to lose 20 pounds!! woo hooooo :-D
Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 PM

Next year in 2012 my Class of 1952 will celebrate 60 years at the reunion in W.Va. I am not sure I will be attending since I don't handle 9 hours in the car very well. My youngest daughter said she would go with me, but it is too soon to tell.

Class Reunions are a lot of fun...renewing old friendships.
Enjoy each one that you can attend.

June in Cincinnati
Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM

We went to DH's 50th in 1991. We'd been married about 23 years at that time and for all those years I'd heard now and then about his lovely high school girlfriend that he did not marry. I was really wanting to see this beauty. So here we were, all dolled up for pictures in our party clothes, and he started looking around to see if he could see her. Everyone he met claimed that they recognized everyone else immediately, but I noticed that they all looked carefully at the name badge first, which had their enlarged year book picture hanging from it!!! Then someone told DH that his old flame was standing at the bar. DH started briskly over there but suddenly wheeled around and led me firmly across the room to the very end table in that huge place. When he was talking to someone else, I asked a nice man where was ole whatsherface, and he was tickled to point her out to me. She was being held up by the bar, blowing smoke in the face of the bartender in spite of signs forbidding smoking, and she had obviously sat in something a far different color than her dress, which was too short in back and too long in front. And she looked like she'd been rode hard and put away wet.
DH never, ever mentioned her again in the rest of his life.

Reunions CAN be fun, it all depends.....on who's there!!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
We had our 50th last year.

Out of 18 surviving members, 15 showed up.
That's an awesome showing.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by running1
My class is having our 40th this fall... they've started a FB page for us and that has been fun... I can reconnect with the friends I had 40 years ago. The class was 350+ so I only knew a few folks. The last reunion I attended was the 20th and will be out of state for this one... I would go if it wasn't a three hour drive and I could stay for about 2 hours visiting and then head back home... and if I was going to be in state, of course...

I'll just have to catch up via FB... The up-side is I don't have to lose 20 pounds!! woo hooooo :-D
Funny, but true. At our 10th reunion, one of the cheerleaders was pregnant at the time so she wouldn't come. She didn't want folks to see her "fat".
Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 AM

Well, the reunion starts tonight. Since I never moved away, I see most of the folks I care about when they come back in town to visit their folks. But, we'll see if I can make any new connections tonight. I'll let you all know next week.
Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:22 AM

I often think I want to go but have only gone to a couple as I live away from my home town. Our 45th this fall but even though I would like to go I probably will not because it is a 10 or 11 hour drive and air service is not that great getting there. Out of 107 usually less than 20 show up and always the same people. I am not sure I will feel like I missed anything if I do not go.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:32 AM

Oh gosh, Ramona, I've still got tears running down my face. What a hoot your post is.
I went to my 30th and 35th reunions in ME but have no plans on returning next year for my 50th. I didn't "put out" in HS so wasn't in the "elite" clique...in other words, I was a nothing. I was too busy to worry about it and still communicate with HS friends that I ran with anyway.