Hobbies

Old 05-24-2011, 04:19 AM

I belong to a quilting group, so have plenty of friends there, of course all of us quilting. But other friends I have do not have any type of hobby, in fact one friend who has not long retired states that she does not want to get involved with any groups or anything, all she wants is to not have to be commited to anything. All she does is go walking alone, she will not even join a walking group. I do not think it is always safe to go on long walks alone.I personally could not live without my hobbies and interests, I would be bored stiff
Old 05-24-2011, 04:46 AM

My closest friends don't have hobbies either ... but their houses are REALLY clean and their lawns are immaculate LOL. Me ... I have way too many hobbies and a really messy house and a yard that always needs something ... but I'm okay with that. I recently found a group of quilters but they either don't work or are retired so they have loads of time. I'm not much for watching TV so without my hobbies I'd loose my mind.

Susan
Old 05-24-2011, 05:16 AM

I have to keep my hands busy while watching TV. My house is another story. LOL I am retired so I pretty much do what I have to.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:34 AM

I'm always amazed at how many people don't have any hobbies. I've always kept busy, if not doing something with my hands, doing flexibility exercises, walking, volunteering, reading, messing around on here. My house is a mess, thank God my dh loves me.

I watched my stepmom sit in a chair doing absolutely nothing except staring at the walls for as far back as I can remember, if she wasn't cooking or cleaning there she would be; in her chair, hands folded in her lap with absolutely nothing to stimulate her mentally (unless she had a great imagination). I promised myself that would never be me.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 AM

While some people collect trinkets and stamps, I collect hobbies!

No one near me is into sewing. I swear my sister has an allergic reaction to anything "artistic" and might possibly go into convulsions if I took her into a fabric store. My only sewing companions are by email, text or this board.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:26 AM

Hmmm, your sister? You'd think she'd be creative or something similar.
Originally Posted by deedee75
While some people collect trinkets and stamps, I collect hobbies!

No one near me is into sewing. I swear my sister has an allergic reaction to anything "artistic" and might possibly go into convulsions if I took her into a fabric store. My only sewing companions are by email, text or this board.
:roll:
Old 05-24-2011, 07:24 AM

I so understand the sisters who don't quilt stuff. Neither of my sisters have any interest in quilting. Neither do my dil or dd. I pray one of my little granddaughters will take an interest in quilting.
However both of my sisters do other hobbys. I never understood people who have no hobbys. Those are the ones who have immaculate homes usually. But when they retire they often see their lives as over.
I have so many projects that I have to live forever to finish them all...lol.
Kat
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 AM

first of all beautiful runner.....

non of my friends quilt either.. My sister and I use to quilit together, but then we both had kids... and well you know......

my other friend is kinda a home body.. and isn't into quiliting or sewing for that matter...

I feel your pain..
Old 05-24-2011, 07:40 AM

live forever !! LOL I hear ya ! :D
Old 05-24-2011, 09:20 AM

I grew up with a mother who had jam on the stove, rocks tumbling, pictures being painted, afghans by her chair, costumes on the sewing machine, and stained glass being cut. My sister said she would need therapy if she ever just tried to one thing at a time! I cannot imagine not having something to do with my hands. It has been the best therapy!!