Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How can you make your look "spotless" when it really isn't? >

How can you make your look "spotless" when it really isn't?

How can you make your look "spotless" when it really isn't?

Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 AM

Immaculate homes house dull people.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 AM

A spotlessly clean house is a sign of a misspent life. When would you sew or quilt?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:06 AM

A spotlessly clean house is a sign of a misspent life. When would you sew or quilt? Besides, I would rather those coming to my funeral remember the quilt I made to keep them warm than to say, "Wow, her house was sooo clean."
Old 01-18-2011, 07:34 AM

Truly, with your sense of humour, I don't think you will ever have to worry whether your house is tidy or not. People will flock to your door regardless! I haver been laughing for the last ten minutes about your email because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I always tell people if they're coming to see me, they can come at any time of the day or night, my door is always open. If they want to see my house perfectly tidy, phone in advance!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 AM

I get "nervous" when my house isn't clean. Seriously- I am crabby and irritable. If I am left alone for 20 min.- enough to vacuum and tidy up, I become a different person. I am calm. I can't live in messy surroundings.

Last night I cleaned our powder room, unloaded the dishwasher and reloaded, washed a few dishes, wiped the counter tops- all in 15 min. I felt so much better. My son vacuumed the whole downstairs while I was gone to a meeting and I felt real good the rest of the evening.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:23 AM

Declutter....that seems to be the hardest thing to keep up with these days. My DH never puts anything away so clutter is always the challenge! :roll:
Old 01-18-2011, 09:04 AM

My grandma was a perfect housekeeper, but she always told me that if your bed is made and your dishes done, people really won't notice that you didn't dust or vacuum. I'd have to agree with an earlier post though that the bathroom being clean is important :)
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm far from a spotless housekeeper, and i have to say that I never look at other people's housekeeping. Life is too short.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM

Thanks for all of your thoughts and ideas! I guess I was doing ok, and just didn't know it. My DH is an antique clock collector/repairman, and I have to ask him from time to time if his intention is to turn our house into a clock museum--with so many clocks, where shall I hang my quilts? (quilts are much quieter,prettier and don't require winding!)
Old 01-18-2011, 09:30 AM

I can't tolerate clutter in my home - except in my sewing room! As for cleaning, I do the minimum: clean the bathroom, vacuum when I feel it needs it (2dogs, 3 cats so more than once a week), dust when the grandkids start writing on the tables, and dishes have to be done every night. Can't stand a sink of dirty dishes in the morning! I raised 7 kids and lived on a farm for a dozen years, so I'm a little relaxed about housework. It will be there when I get around to it. There are other more important and fun things to spend my time on!