Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 04-17-2010, 12:05 AM

husband and I met on a yahoo quilting group, and he still hasn't finished his first sampler quilt!! :lol:

long story short, we've been married 10 years......
Old 04-17-2010, 12:13 AM

Hubby and I met started talking April 27th (a 12 hour conversation), met May 2 and never spent a moment apart! Coming up on 2 years and counting. Everyday is a blessed day for us!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mary Ellen
After 35 years of marriage, as I lay "dying" in the hospital, pondering if I should let myself go, and ease his burden or allow them to torture my body more so I might live... (doctors had told him it would only be a matter of hours, not knowing I heard them) ...I whispered to him that he should look for a new wife, not just live alone and lonely...he said I better fight this thing...{he had started bringing quilt UFO's to pin up in my hospital room}...said he would rather they cut off his arms & legs than loose me...another wife? Im not done with you yet, you have too many unfinished projects to die on me. Who would finish them, and who is writing the book?
Six weeks later I was discharged.
Mary Ellen, your story made me cry. Your husband loves you so very much! How special your relationship must be! And how blessed you both are.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Power Poster

I met my wonderful husband Larry about 4 years ago, It was on a phone chat line. I was actually writing a book n all the bums out there (I'm 50 now). He had answered one of my many ads saying, "I think I'm just what you're looking for". I laughed and met him anyway. He was sooo nice, not my typical guy, a bit nerdy, but then again, nerdy guys appriciate what they have and have less of a tendency to cheat. He needed some polishing up here and there, I met his wonderful family who love me like a daughter and my 20 yo son as their own grandson. We're buying a condo in a few weeks, and I get my own sewing room. Keep looking everyone. good luck.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Our hair dresser set us up. She kept telling me (and him) that she'd found the perfect person for us. He called me right before Christmas in 2002. We went on a blind date a few days later. It wasn't love at first sight but we had a nice time and kept dating over the next couple of months when cupid's arrow struck. :) The funniest part of the story is that when she started talking to us about each other she asked me if I was left handed. I said yes, and she said, "oh that's too bad, he doesn't like left-handed women". I had to go on the date with him just to find out why (seemed sort of shallow don't you think?). Well, as it turns out his previous two wives had been left-handed and blonde....oh and guess what, I'm blonde too. Guess he just attracts left-handed blondes. We got married in September 2005. Our hair dresser (a woman) was DH's Best Man.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 PM

I met my husband 40 yrs ago in VietNam. He was an Army helicopter pilot and I was an Army nurse. We now have three wonderful sons and daughters-in-law and two grandsons and another grandbaby on the way. Some good things do come out of war.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dancing Needle
Our hair dresser set us up. She kept telling me (and him) that she'd found the perfect person for us. He called me right before Christmas in 2002. We went on a blind date a few days later. It wasn't love at first sight but we had a nice time and kept dating over the next couple of months when cupid's arrow struck. :) The funniest part of the story is that when she started talking to us about each other she asked me if I was left handed. I said yes, and she said, "oh that's too bad, he doesn't like left-handed women". I had to go on the date with him just to find out why (seemed sort of shallow don't you think?). Well, as it turns out his previous two wives had been left-handed and blonde....oh and guess what, I'm blonde too. Guess he just attracts left-handed blondes. We got married in September 2005. Our hair dresser (a woman) was DH's Best Man.

LMAO! Too funny...cuz William's ex and I share a birthday! He told me he didn't know whether to stand his ground or run like h*ll when I told him when my birthday was! :lol:
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 PM

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's story. Thanks for sharing them.

Ours is nothing special. We met in college and married during our sophomore year. We have been together for 36+ years-I think it's going to last. :)
Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 AM

36+ years is plenty special!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:00 AM

Both my husband and I have raised our respective families and were both alone when we met "online", six years ago. May not be for everyone, but when life is busy with work et al. and you don't frequent clubs or bars, so to speak, it was an option that worked for me/us. After a few emails we set a date to call and speak with each other. That first phonecall lasted 4 hours. The next Saturday's "phone" date lasted 5 hours and ended with us meeting somewhere for a late supper. We've been together since. Married 3 years ago. It took me 55 years, but I found the most wonderful, thoughtful, sweet man in the world, and I count my blessings every day.... I'm new to this site, but want to thank all for so many terrific ideas and the wealth of quilting information you all provide. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66006.jpe