Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 04-14-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Ummmmm....an online chat room. He was 20 minutes from me. We met up at like 11 pm and we have been together now for 9 years married 7 this year with a 4 year old daughter :-)
Hugs
April
my husband and I met online too, met in 1999, married in 2001. He is my soul mate and best friend.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:49 PM

A friend introduced us the summer after we graduated from HS, started dating the following April and got married 16 months later in August - we were both 20. Spent the first 8 years putting each other through college, had four kids, 2 jobs and then 6 more years of college for me.

The kids are 17-24 and we will celebrate 30 years in August. I am way too young to be married this long! :wink:
Old 04-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Pam

We were both in the USMC serving Uncle Sam! Next month we will have been married for 30 years. We have 2 kids and no grandkids. I sure hope my kids keep on waiting for babies until they are done with college.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 PM

We met the first time in the tavern where I was the bartender. We met the second time in a bar when I was driving the taxi and hanging out in the bar between fares. We got married in that bar a year and a half later. It was 18 years this February.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:10 PM

I was invited to a wedding by a girl that I worked with. She and her sister were friends. The best man was the sisters boy friend. When she introduced us, she said she all but heard the music, so broke it off with him immediatly and told him to go for it. Two days later he asked me to marry him and I tolk him he was crazy!! He was very persistant. That was 40 years ago. We will be married 37 years in September. We have 1 daughter, 3 sons, 5 grandsons and a cocker spaniel.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:11 PM

I love reading everyone's stories. I didn't say that we will celebrate our 30th next month and have 4 great children ages 21-28. No grands yet, but maybe soon!!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM

We met at a bar, he was stationed at an Army base about an hour from the bar. The rest is history.. 15 years later (on april 8th it was 15 years). Seems like just yesterday.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM

We met on the shuttle bus at work (yes, nothing says romance like a reconditioned school bus). Dated a year, moved in together, bought a house, got married, eventually had our daughter (age 3) - we've been together 10 years this spring.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:34 PM

We met on a blind date set up by mutual friends who were dating. The night we were to go out my friend was grounded by her parents. We went to the drive in anyway. We will be married 44 years in Sept. Renewed our vows on a cruise for 35 years. We have a son 42 and a daughter 40. Our oldest grandson is 17, a girl 13, a girl and boy 10 (cousins) and a girl 7. Don't expect anymore--I feel sad about that but it's too hard to raise a lot of kids today. My daughter always said the children would not outnumber the adults in her family.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

The mouse had been dating different ppl, here and there, trying to heal from a very broken heart...cried a lot from that.
Brothers best friend had a crush for a long time and was like a brother to me, more than anything, but I was lonely so agreed to see a movie or just go riding around.
Kept telling him we are just friends. He wasn't believing it.
My parents were getting ready to go to a Halloween party and asked if I wanted to go.
I said no, but then the friend called. Oh geesh...shy little mouse could go to a big party with all those people, or stay home and keep trying to convince this guy that she wasn't interested that way.
So, off to the party we go.
About 3/4 way through the evening, Mousie spied a good looking guy helping with the kids around the pinata.
Mother was dressed like a "bum" with a jug that had some "recipe" in it and insisted that Mousie have some.
Mousie got just a wee bit tipsy, so she was thinking out loud about the handsome guy.
A friend of the family was standing there and hollered to him, and said "somebody wants to meet you."
Mousie was looking for a mouse hole :shock:
But the handsome guy ran track in high school and sprinted on over and put his arm on Mousie's shoulder, and Mousie about died.
She thought she had been liplocked by a total stranger.
No, he just kind of spun her towards him a bit.
(Guess it was that boldness that made Miss Mousie's heart go pitter pat!)
They walked and they talked and after a couple hours, standing under a tree...in plain view of a lot of ppl! but oblivious to all others...the handsome guy planted a light, sweet kiss on Miss Mousie's lips, while someone in the crowd yelled, "woo hoo!"
They saw each other every day for 20 months and got married in June, three weeks after Mousie graduated.
They have 3 beautiful daughters (with hubbies), and 4 beautiful granddaughters: 7,6, 3,2...and two kitties ;)
The wedding was 33 years ago in June :-D .
Miss Mousie married the guy that made her laugh instead of the one that made her cry. What a smart mouse ;)