Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 04-14-2010, 04:39 PM

My sisters boyfriend did not have a car but his "friend" did so they ask me to go out with his friend on a blind date. Unbeknowns to me this friend had seen my picture and wanted a date with me. We had a date every night for three weeks as I was home on leave from college. Before I went back I knew we would be married. Finshed college in 6 months and married two months later. (eloped) that was 53 years ago, four children, 10 grands, and 2 great grands.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM

I met Melissa on a blind date in 1988. She was a friend of my ex-girlfriend and my ex set us up together (I know, weird).
We started dating and 4 weeks later I asked her to marry me; 2 months later we were married. We'll be married 22 years in June. :D
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 PM

I'm an internet wife! We met on line, then saw one another in person 2 weeks later. Then 2 weeks later we met again, and eloped that day. I have the most wonderful guy in the WORLD. Six very happy and fun years. My kids adore him, His kids are good with me too. Even my 19 year old cat doesn't remember not having him (he had never had a cat). I lived 700 miles away in Wyoming, but love little rural desert Utah. Yup, it's all perfect.

On a bike ride to a ghost town
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59631[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59631.jpe  
Old 04-14-2010, 04:46 PM

John and I were just friends in high school, actually I was going out with his brother at the time. He was already done school and had a job traveling all over Canada. We realized we missed each other and the rest is history as they say. He was 24 and I was 18 when we got married. That was almost 39 years ago. We have a daughter 34, a son 31 and two adorable grandchildren. I still love him to bits!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
I met Melissa on a blind date in 1988. She was a friend of my ex-girlfriend and my ex set us up together (I know, weird).
We started dating and 4 weeks later I asked her to marry me; 2 months later we were married. We'll be married 22 years in June. :D
Eddie,
Ok, I am not so crazy then. Known him as a friend for 5 years now we have been going out since February and we are getting married June 6th of this year ! Now I don't feel so bad.
Thanks
:-D liblueeyes
Old 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM

Larry and I met in college. A very small college then. We had several classes together. Second year we both ran for student counsel. He was Pres, I was secretary. We dated that summer, were engaged in November, married 2 days after graduation. I now teach at the same college. We will hit 47 yrs. in June. Have lived in the same house 43 yrs too.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:14 PM

Match.com. He was one of my matches, so I sent a "wink" to him. He responded with a brief note, we started emailing back and forth, met at a restaurant after 3 months and were married 6 months later! We've been married 5 1/2 years.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:16 PM

My daughter actually introduced us. He lived in the same small town, but we had never met.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
We met the first time in the tavern where I was the bartender. We met the second time in a bar when I was driving the taxi and hanging out in the bar between fares. We got married in that bar a year and a half later. It was 18 years this February.
Oh, I forgot to tell you, we were both members of agroup called The Rehoboth Minutemen, and dressed up 1776 to get married. AND we were married in a barn. How many people can say that?
Old 04-14-2010, 05:29 PM

My husband and I met June 17th 1972. When I came home from work my roommate told me she had packed the car for a weekend camping trip.

While there, I met my husband. It was definitely love at first sight. We were married August 7 the same year.

This year will be our 38th Anniversary and we are still best friends and very much in love!