Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did you spend your Sunday.

Did some chores outside, while our weather is nice. Put up the water hoses, cleaned behind the shop, took the shade cover down over the picnic table.
    After I pry my butt out of this computer chair I have to start on a doll quilt for my nieces birthday.

Had a late nite at my niece's wedding about 3 hours away from home so today I have been pretty lazy. We went to church then out for lunch. Now I am wrapped up in a blanket (how can it go from 90+ one day to barely 60 two days later?) and playing on the laptop while kind of watching the Colts/Broncos game. And, I do not intend to do much else today!

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    I spent the day at a quilting guild workshop. It was a workshop on Shape Shifting - similar to Magic Tiles or Stack and Whack, but more freestyle. You just make curved cuts and don't use a ruler. I don't particularly like the one (not fond of one of the colours) I did but I may like it more when it is finished. The workshop was given by Ionne McCauley from British Columbia. Here is a link to her website.

http://ionnequilts.com/quilting-work...lour-workshops

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    I spent the day at a quilting guild workshop. It was a workshop on Shape Shifting - similar to Magic Tiles or Stack and Whack, but more freestyle. You just make curved cuts and don't use a ruler. I don't particularly like the one (not fond of one of the colours) I did but I may like it more when it is finished. The workshop was given by Ionne McCauley from British Columbia. Here is a link to her website.

http://ionnequilts.com/quilting-work...lour-workshops
    Ooh! Let's all run up to BC and take one of those classes.

Went for my morning walk, came home and started cooking Sunday lunch. Never sure who is going to show up, today had two families to come out. Always good to see kids and grandkids! Made brownies and sugar cookies.

Woke up early and did some house keeping, went grocery shopping at three different stores to get the best deals. Watched the NASCAR race and am now watching the Bronco/Colts game. I would like to have gone to church but it didn't work out today. I have a roast in the oven and am on the board while I am waiting for it to get done.

I went to a quilt amd craft show. I entered 2 quilts and got second place on one and third on the baby quilt.

Sundays here are supposed to be to relax HOWEVER, today I've done laundry, washed curtains, and cooked. But it was only after going to church and having a wonderful time in prayer, praise and worship. That's the most important part of my Sundays, my week, my life. I guess I must be a leaky vessel because I need to be refilled on a constant basis. It's a little cool here in central Illinois. I don't think it got much above the mid 60s today.

Senior Member quilter on the eastern edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    I went to a quilt amd craft show. I entered 2 quilts and got second place on one and third on the baby quilt.
    Congratulations! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Sundays here are supposed to be to relax HOWEVER, today I've done laundry, washed curtains, and cooked. But it was only after going to church and having a wonderful time in prayer, praise and worship. That's the most important part of my Sundays, my week, my life. I guess I must be a leaky vessel because I need to be refilled on a constant basis. It's a little cool here in central Illinois. I don't think it got much above the mid 60s today.
    I thought I was the only "leaky vessel". I read one time about this man that wanted to know why his friend went to church so much. Did he remember all the messages? The man's response was no, but in his life time he had had 1000's of meals and couldn't remember them either, but they nourished him. Sermons nourished his soul. I thought that was very well stated. I need nourishment often.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    Congratulations! :thumbup:

Thank you

We had taken the camper to our friends, about a 2 1/2 hour drive, for their pig roast. This morning we packed up and drove home, then watched alittle of the race, while I was unloading the camper. Had to go to the grocery, them make supper and lunches for tomorrow. Finally got on-line. Really wanted to do some sewing, but just too tired. Won't be long before bedtime

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    I thought I was the only "leaky vessel". I read one time about this man that wanted to know why his friend went to church so much. Did he remember all the messages? The man's response was no, but in his life time he had had 1000's of meals and couldn't remember them either, but they nourished him. Sermons nourished his soul. I thought that was very well stated. I need nourishment often.
    I don't remember all of them either but I highlight and date them in my Bible. Then when I come across one while reading I'm reminded of what the pastor said. I also make notes in the margin. My poor old Bible is getting worn but by using whatever color hightlighter happens to be in my purse it sure is colorful! :lol:

I did my bible study at home this morning. Have a very hard time doing them....reading the Bible is hard for me, even with the new modern langauage ones, I get a bit confused, lol!
    Anyhow, got onhere for a while, then attacted the house. Swept and swept, then vacumed up pet fur, lol!
    Made a really nice dinner, roast with potatoes and carrots, then Boy friend fixed my leaky sink. Needed replacing, its been leaking bad and I so hate wasting water!
    Cut a few appliques and listed some on his computer,at his house. Because on dial up, that would take DAYS! It was a nice day!

I spent the morning reading the paper, having biscuts & gravy, cooking several things for the upcoming week, and laundry, the afternoon was spent in the sewing room, late afternoon was spent reading, a movie in the evening; and now it's Monday....

well said.....we need the to fellowship with our christian friends and hear God's word for encouragement and for our faith to grow in the Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy

Church, a delicious lunch from Friday night's Chinese leftovers, wrote some letters (snailmail, no less), did a little family history, got thru several days' worth of ebay searches, updated the calendar, watched the finale of American Handyman, then off to bed. A great day!

Quote Originally Posted by redvette54
    We had taken the camper to our friends, about a 2 1/2 hour drive, for their pig roast. This morning we packed up and drove home, then watched alittle of the race, while I was unloading the camper. Had to go to the grocery, them make supper and lunches for tomorrow. Finally got on-line. Really wanted to do some sewing, but just too tired. Won't be long before bedtime
    Was the pig roast near Howard City?

Hey, is there no one on this board who did not go to church...did not feel the need to say they did...enjoyed their day and still communed with their God in many ways that nourished their soul?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eightylady
    Hey, is there no one on this board who did not go to church...did not feel the need to say they did...enjoyed their day and still communed with their God in many ways that nourished their soul?
    I didn't go to church, I don't feel like I need to go to church to say my prayers and worship God. I had a great day, it was cool and cloudy here, so I chose to curl up on the couch and watch movies and enjoy the day.

Spent the day in the pool. It's still 100 during the day & 70's at night :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I flew back to Ga from Mn. I got stuck in a traffic jam because of the rain and car accidents. I then went to the sports bar to watch my Vikins win over Detroit. Then I went home and chilled for the night. With a little work on my mini bow tucks for my daughter

We had a great start to the day - pasture irrigation at 2.30am, ugh. Speed's coverage of the Grand Prix of Singapore (F1 race) followed, starting at 4.30am - not a good result for my favorite driver, Lewis Hamilton :-(

DH cleaned the stalls while I got my shower and then we went up to watch the local dressage schooling show. That provided DH and I with a good excuse to visit our favorite fish and chip shop during the lunch break ;-) More dressage and then home to take care of the animals once again, lol.

Blog Entries
    went to a different church, to speak to a group of women in a bible study class.. enjoyed speaking tremendously.. then taken to lunch by the same group of new friends.. home, nap, then worked thru a quilting website a friend asked me to check for broken links, and such.. found a ton of new inspiring quilt patterns while I did that for her.. yeah for new patterns to think and dream about..

I spent the day at home. Made a lasagna and some garlic bread. My younger daughter had to work so I delivered some lasagna to her and on the way, took some to my mom also. My oldest daughter came to see me and we worked on her project linus quilt. Then last night, I watched a movie with my husband. "The Bounty Hunter" It was a good movie and a wonderful day.

Vanessa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast