Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How do you eat your peanut butter? >

How do you eat your peanut butter?

How do you eat your peanut butter?

Old 07-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Peanut butter with sliced onion and a slice of tomato is called Mother in Law's supper. It's really good. These three ingredients make a wonderful flavor. The hard part is getting someone to try it. I started using Almond butter, it's healthier.
I will have to try this when we finally get some ripe tomatoes.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Banned

I love peanut butter...but I guess I am a plain kind of a gal...I like it in P&j Sandwiches...on toast...mized with anything chocolate....and Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Power Poster

Peanut Butter, Butter, and Karo corn syrup. Mix it up and eat on bread. Yummmm! but waaaaay too many calories.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Power Poster

I love peanut butter and usually eat it on toast. My FIL was a peanut butter fiend. They had 9 kids so they bought peanut butter in gallon buckets and it sat in the middle of the table all the time with the salt and pepper shakers and napkins and a butter dish. He loved it on saltines and ate alot of them! He ate peanut butter on almost everything!
My MIL used to make peanut butter frosting for chocolate cake. It is a powdered sugar frosting with peanut butter added. Or Dad would spread peanut butter on his chocolate cake and then he would pour milk over the top. My DH used to do this too but he hasn't done it in a long time.

He also taught my kids to eat it off the spoon. Dip in a tablespooon and dig out a heaping spoonful and eat it off the spoon til you lick the spoon clean. My DD still does this and she is 34 now. And her kids do it too.

When my kids were growing up they learned this somewhere and I don't know where. I would find the kitchen sticky with maple syrup and peanut butter. They would put both in a bowl and mix it together and eat it by the spoonfuls or on bread. I never liked it but they loved it! Too too sweet for me!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:37 AM

It's GREAT on a slice of warm banana bread or cold banana bread for that matter.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 AM

Not overly fond of it but sometimes will have it as a sandwich.

My son loves peanut butter/whole wheat bread sandwiches. He warms up the sandwich in the microwave. That with a glass of fresh milk and a piece of fruit is his regular daily breakfast.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:09 AM

Natural peanut butter and mayo on toasted rye or pumpernickel. It's one of my favorite breakfasts. Gotta try the mother-in-law version with the tomatoes and onion. That's right up my alley!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 AM

I'm dying here- OMG- you do these things to peanut butter? onions, tomatoes, dill pickles????

First, I hate peanut butter so I would not try anything described. Second, I don't like my food to touch so even if I liked peanut butter, those foods should not touch.

However, I do not prevent others in my midst to partake of the gooey sandwiches- just don't breathe on me after.

(I'm shuddering here- OMG- pb & dill pickles- who thought of that and why would they??)
Old 07-05-2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Peanut butter with sliced onion and a slice of tomato is called Mother in Law's supper. It's really good. These three ingredients make a wonderful flavor. The hard part is getting someone to try it. I started using Almond butter, it's healthier.
Now that's funny, when my MIL ask me to try this I though I would get sick but, instead of the tomato she used ham. It was on toast, with the ham next to the PB then the onion on the inside. Your right about the wonderful flavor. Who would have thought it. EVERYONE should try it. REALLY. Now I'm hungry. LOL
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 AM

I am not a Peanut butter fan but love peanut butter fudge or cookies.