Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to know if you are buying real olive oil.

vitamin D has been added to milk for ages, in making the decision to do so, they decided it was a product that nearly everyone uses so a good base.
    What a funny old world we've created.

You also have to watch out for coconut oil. There is cheap stuff and expensive stuff. Coconut oil should be raw, not refined. The raw stuff is shelf stable, and is better than the refined.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
    I may be wrong about this, but olive trees are a Mediterranean plant so they are well suited to a dry, arid climate. I think they would be a better tree to grow in CA than oranges. nature will catch up to our destruction and alterations of the environment. Most of the water in CA doesn't even belong there. We made the bed and we have to live with our deeds.
    It is no ones fault but ours that CA is running out of water.
    I do not have any affiliation with the company other that it being a good product that I like.

http://www.californiaoliveranch.com/

peace
    Good to know!
    My son is actually talking about moving to CA. We live in Ohio, the area called The Black Swamp.
    Moving from one extreme to the other. He hasn't moved yet, maybe he's rethinking all this
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

Blog Entries
    This is scary for us because my daughter has life threatening nut allergies and some of the companies are rumored to be adding nut based oils to their olive oils. We've been using Philipo Berio who told me theirs is pure 100% olive oil but I'm going to switch to California Olive Ranch. If you email them with questions (I had to ask about allergens) they will send you recipes and coupons. I got three $1 off coupons.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    This is scary for us because my daughter has life threatening nut allergies and some of the companies are rumored to be adding nut based oils to their olive oils. We've been using Philipo Berio who told me theirs is pure 100% olive oil but I'm going to switch to California Olive Ranch. If you email them with questions (I had to ask about allergens) they will send you recipes and coupons. I got three $1 off coupons.
    Isn't it a nice company! Im happy to hear this.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

what you think is "honey" in the dollar store is "honey flavored syrup" - gotta read the label. Real local honey is more and more expensive. Oh, well, I did not need the calories anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    Stock up! A blight is attacking the olive trees in Italy. They are cutting trees like mad to stop the spread but I think olive oil all over is going to go up in price if the supply is down.
    Fear not! Aussie olive oil is amazing....just buy ours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2