How many have a garden?

Old 02-28-2011, 05:19 PM

For the last 3 years we have had a large garden. This year we are going to down scale, container garden I think. I have so much left from last year it is un real! I will still have the lions share by the time the new stuff is coming up!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:48 PM

We have a garden and fruit trees but only because my DH has the green thumb, not me!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 PM

I knew I was in good company! Here's hoping for a early spring!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:15 PM

Have a fun week everyone!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 PM

DH and I both love to garden- he does veggies, I do flowers. We always plant lots of tomatoes. Last year I made huge batches of spaghetti sauce and froze it. We also do onion, bell peppers, sweet peppers, squash, zuchinni, cucumbers, and strawberries.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:23 PM

OH I cannot wait to get back out there! I have blueberries, blackberries, raspberries (the golden harvest ones) apple trees, a plum and a peach tree, tons of strawberries, and I plant a ton of sugar snap peas, my favorite along with the dogs! and onions, potatoes, watermelon, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and carrots. I also have a lot of flowers. My kids say that one day they are going to open the patio door and hear jungle sounds! LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 04:56 AM

I love to garden and have Lots of Vegetables and Lots of flowers too.
Spring HURRY!!!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:02 AM

we do! we're enjoying cabbage and turnip greens from last year still with more planted for the spring. I am a tomato snob and the only way I get real tomatoes is to grow them myself! Nothing better than a tomato and cucumber sandwich when you've just picked them! I can't wait to get the squash out too. I'm doing leeks this year and i've never done them before. Should be fun.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:17 AM

When I moved to where I live now I got into gardening. Container gardening. I started with 1 and my collection grew and grew. Roses. All but 1 was roses. Roses of every color. But when my disability grew worse I had to use a wheelchair. And then I couldn't get out to my garden anymore. I would go to the screened in porch and gradually watch my beloved roses die in florida's summer heat. My hubby didn't garden and well, he could care less. Then one day as I was sitting in the porch, there was a blank wall. Over the course of a few months I had a garden. A painted garden. I call it my never dying garden. First I painted a brick wall fence. In front of that a white picket fence. I painted roses, pansy's, sweet williams, azalas and mums. Hmmm.... no wildlife. I painted a birdhouse and 2 birds. Then some butterflies. That's better. A few weeks later I added a bee hive and some bees. I add to it once in a while. I do more roses, more of everything flowers. Kinda like they are growing. I's been on the wall for 6 years. Yes I garden.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:20 AM

I'm ready to get out there and plant something and get my hands dirty! I want winter gone so I can get out and garden!
We put in raised beds for tomatoes and a few things years ago
but I can't get an interest for veggies. We had horses and plenty of manure and raised great tomatoes. I studied landscape design in college so my primary gardening is shrubs and perennial beds. So I really don't do too much planting
because I already have more than I can keep up with.
My gardening is more maintenance and mulching my landscape.
Thinking about planting some pots for the deck, but I say this every year. Pots are so high maintenance I usually don't pot any up. By the time I get all the beds mulched its usually to hot
to pot up pots. I am not a fan of annuals, I'd rather plant perennials in my beds. Happy gardening. :D