Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many members have fibromyalgia? >

How many members have fibromyalgia?

How many members have fibromyalgia?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:13 PM

I also have sleep apnea and restless legs, interesting. I take 2 Benedryl 2 to 3 times a day. Luckily it doesn't make me sleepy! Ohhh, that featherbed sounds wonderful!
Old 02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Banned

I can't sleep in a bed because of the back surgery, but mostly because the copd, when I try sleeping in a bed I wake up with so much pain in my lungs and its so hard to breath that i just sleep on or reclining coach.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 PM

i don't have fibro but i have nuropothic pain from a brocken neck and breaking my back twice and a head injury i take tramadol my doc says it's a lot li9ke fibro i have been in a flare of pain for 5 months but stress is not helping i am in the process of a divorce i made a couple of rice socks put about 2 1/2 pounds of rice in a sock and sew up the end than you can put it in the microwave and place any place you have pain it is a moist heat so dose the best for me i also made one larg enough to go arround my neck and over my shoulders that is where most of my pain is the nice thing about these are i can heat them before going to bed i don't have to worry about burning myself with and eletrci heating pad as it cool during the night i heat mine for about 2 minuets it also gave one to a frien of mine that has fibro she says it really helps i will take pics of them one of these days and post it because i have mine sectioned so all the rice doesn't fall to the bottom
Old 02-23-2010, 04:49 PM

great idea! I have a lot of pain in my shoulders.The ad under my post is about pain............
Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM

pictures of rice socks
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18717.jpe  
Old 02-23-2010, 05:03 PM

Thank you! That can't be very hard to make.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:06 PM

pink one is an old tank that is two small both get a lot of use the sock works great when sewing or on the computer they are easy just sew a seem i used a canning funel to fill mine the one with sections i sewed the sections than put in the rice and sewed along the top i used a tight zig zag so it would strach a little easyer and would keepm the rice in
Old 02-23-2010, 05:10 PM

I'll be making a couple in the next 24 hours! Heat really does feel good on my back.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:27 PM

Well I never connected my ichy spot(right in middle of my back so can't reach) this thread has been a wealth of info.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:34 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

[quote=penny doty]
Originally Posted by blahel
Originally Posted by I come to the sea to breathe
Originally Posted by penny doty
Originally Posted by blahel
what are the symptoms of fibromyalgia? right from when you first notice something isnt right to when you flare up? exactly where does it hurt?
My
dd dr. told her that crohns disease is also connected with fibro. i have had fibro. for many years, i use to think i kept getting the achy flu, but finally was told i had lupus, than fibro, even tho i test postive for lupus. my legs and hips are really painful, and i have started noticing that when i shake hands that sometimes it really hurts. good luck.
i too get very achy all over at times i take panadeine forte at night to sleep. My legs and feet are the worst but it isnt as painful as some of you seem to have it. It is just achy. I have mentioned it to the doctor but he didnt seem concerned. Does it hurt more when you walk or is it just achy?
My doctor kept treating me for diffrent things, then one day it felt like someone beat the bottom of my feet with a base ball bat, this lasted a couple wks I finley went in for it, she then poked me in diffrent spots and asked if that hurt, I told her only when you do that, thats when she sent me to the rumatolgist. I was clueless as what was goning on. so with treating aches pains migranes, depression, these are all things related to fibromyalgia. I've probley have had it for 25yrs.
just been reading everyones posts..the memory loss..thats me too...my soles of my feet some days feel like yours like they have been beaten and I hobble around..but my pain is still manageable most days without drugs. I was going to the gym about 2 years ago and was doing hard work outs and after a while I couldnt get to sleep at night as I was so achey..it wasnt muscle soreness so now I dont do work outs as the pain isnt worth it. I tried to go back but the pain returned so i have just started bikeriding and swimming again but only for 20 - 30 mins to lose weight so lets hope I can still do that. its great to talk to people and realise that others are in a similar situation because you just feel like a hypochondriac at times....