Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom! >

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

HummerGardenCrafts - My Mom!

Old 10-25-2011, 04:34 AM

You poor thing! I was up in the night but didn't log on, wish I had. Try and get some rest today and know that lots of us are thinking of you.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:41 AM

I agree never,never tell a stranger or really anyone that you have a gun.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 AM

I am glad you are alright.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 AM

OMG! I'm sure you had a restless night. Hoping you did get a call from 911 telling you they have been found. Please don't tell them you have a gun. I'm not sure I would inform them about calling the police, but glad they skedaddled from your area.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:49 AM

So sorry to hear about your incident. You did the right thing in not answering the door. Who knows what those guys were up to but it wasn't good. I think you are right-they may have been casing the place out during the day. I'm sure you will have a sleepless night but hope you get some rest when daylight comes. I have had 2 scary times like you have and know your fear. Take care and let us all know if the 911 guy calls-hopefully to let you know the police have caught them.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 AM

good for you, keeping the heat and not opening the door!!
you did the right thing, and i would be with you, guess ive watched too much tv over the years..someone sneaking around etc..no rest here either!!
would like you to know, about a few months ago, i had a young man come visit me, i had my garage door up cuz it was garbage nite, and it was after 11pm, i thought i heard a knock on the door downstairs, so i went down to investigate, sure enough, it was a young guy, early 20s or so, looking for someone else up the road, anyway, we adopted a dog a few months earlier, and i had my fingers in the dogs collar, told him where the house was and never saw him again! thank god
katz
Old 10-25-2011, 04:59 AM

WOW! What an experience. Good thinking on your part. Sure hope they saw the police and think twice about coming back. Do be careful!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:05 AM

I am so sorry that you had that happen to you. I am with you about keeping your handgun with you at all times. If I were you and they came back another time and tried to get in your house SHOOT them and ask questions later. It sounds like you are alone, if those people have been watching you, please be careful when you go outside even in the day time. I hope that you can get some rest today. I hope that those people never come back. Sending you BIG HUGS.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:08 AM

Very scary!
It's also scary to have the dog growl, hair stand up, and then bark...
....and find footprints outside the window the next day!!

Even little dogs are a great deterrent - nobody can tell how big that barking dog really is LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 05:13 AM

Please let us know how you are doing today. What a horrible experience. I live in the country also, private road, only 2 houses. I have my conceal carry permit - only way to go. I am not breaking any laws and I know how to use my gun.
Years ago, a car pulled into my mother's driveway and raised its hood like it had car trouble. A young man came to her door and asked to use the phone. Mom let him in. On the way back out the door, he grabbed her purse which was sitting on the table, ran out the door. Meanwhile, his buddy slammed down the car hood, and the two of them got away with her purse. I was so glad she wasn't hurt. Now, my MIL is very bad about opening the door to strangers no matter what time of day or night. She has no lock on her screen door and I worry about her. She just has a kind heart and thinks the person at the door just needs her help!
Please check in with us and let us know how you are doing!