Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: humming birds

I love the hummers and make sure they have plenty of flowers and feeders. We also have Baltimore Orioles and blue birds. The blue birds love their houses I have out for them. Love watching all the birds except Blue Jays who are nasty to the rest of the birds.

We are one of the lucky ones. We have hummers all year long and my hubby makes sure there is food in their feeder all the time.

Blog Entries
    I used to boil the water/sugar mixture but now I just use warm water from the tap and make sure to stir thoroughly until all the granules have disappeared. We have plenty of flowers around for them to feed on also.

I also open the feeders up and clean them out with brushes. Mold can grow quickly. It is such joy to see them buzzing in and out and dueling that it is worth the extra work.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

My granddaughter gave me a blue aganpantha flower for Mothers Day-was only out on deck about 2 hours when hummiingbird was fluttering by it. I always plant red flowers for them but this has the trumpet shaped flower groups

Blog Entries
    We had some hummingbirds and I love watching them with our feeder. Haven't seen them lately and just found out last week that a person in our subdivision is caging them. I want so bad to find out if that is illegal. That person has robbed me of one of my favorite things.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
    We had some hummingbirds and I love watching them with our feeder. Haven't seen them lately and just found out last week that a person in our subdivision is caging them. I want so bad to find out if that is illegal. That person has robbed me of one of my favorite things.
    It is definitely illegal. Report them.
    http://www.worldofhummingbirds.com/laws.php
    Pat

Blog Entries
    Saw my first one this season about 2 weeks ago. I keep meaning to get the feeder loaded. I've never seen them this early.
    Melinda in Tulsa
    Where the wind comes whipping thru the plains and we really DO have Earthquakes!

Love my Babylock Unity, Symphony and Serenade!

Hummers and Orioles show up May 8 or 9. We set out the feeders and grape jelly on the 7th
    Quiltlady

We've had a pair for about 3 weeks now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2