Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hurricane Sandy and Long Island >

Hurricane Sandy and Long Island

Hurricane Sandy and Long Island

Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 AM

Well you the news is always about something bad or what bad is going on in the world. Just once would I love to watch news and see something positive, good or people happy. I don't watch the news ever because its so depressing.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband and all the others who are helping. We rec's a list of things needed, from our church conf. today and will start filling the list this Sunday. Sorry it will take another week for us to get it to the people who need it most. Coats and blankets are top on the list.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Linynp It is safer to pm your email address rather than post it on the thread, you don't have to be a member to read the threads. If you want your email taken off you can contact one of the moderators to do it.
And bless you for looking out for someone in need and helping where you can.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Tell him great job for our family!! My sister lives in Long Island. She has power now, they roughed out the outage but came through. Hope he gets some warmth soon!!
Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by linynp View Post
Roberta email me his size I'll go get him one. I live in the next town. I got gas (yeah) so that's good and my power came on last night. Can't have him cold or sick he's helping is which I thank from the bottom of my heart!
[email protected]
May God bless you heaps and reward you for your love and thoughts for someone else!!! When I read the post my heart was going out to this man and I thought "if only I could help" but I'm just tooooooooo far away!!!!! So thank you to all who are helping where they can and lots of blessings to you all!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 AM

I personally didn't have a need to contact FEMA, but they have helped a couple of my staff, and have been very helpful. It is amazing to see all that have been helping . We appreciate all that we have gotten.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:32 AM

God Bless Him
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 AM

Oh, he couldn't accept that. What a huge heart you have to offer and I do worry about him getting sick down there. He's not a spring chicken anymore, 72 years old, but I don't think he will ever give up working with FEMA. He loves being of service to others and he knows how difficult life is in those conditions.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Oh, he couldn't accept that. What a huge heart you have to offer and I do worry about him getting sick down there. He's not a spring chicken anymore, 72 years old, but I don't think he will ever give up working with FEMA. He loves being of service to others and he knows how difficult life is in those conditions.
Roberta, this message touched me so much and I hope your DH accepts this gift of love, that I used it in my Sunday message today in relation to tithes and offerings (Matt. 23:34-40) Please tell hubby to take care of himself!!! Blessings to you both and to the lady who wants to get him a coat!!!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:35 AM

roberta, say yes, and let the lady buy your husband a coat. i wouldn't want my 70 yr old husband getting cold.
i wish i knew what i could do to help. have not heard of any collections around jackson or lansing michigan.

I just said to my husband, 'what could one 65 yr old lady do to help?" i have been reading links, which generated from another link on this site. and it said that if you organize a 'truckload donation' etc. to be sure and cordinate with local volunteer organizations in the effected area. etc. another link mentioned charcoal, and grills, diapers, pet food. still putting a lot of thought into it. looking for ideas, for me to help. i see mormans are sending in tons of young people to just clean. they are the kids in the yellow vests if you see them on the news. --helping hands.