Husband - vs - Wife

Old 10-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

Cutting up fabric doesn't kill anything :cry:
Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Mine is not a hunter, he goes to our country place then as there are hunters down there. He just watches the place. Two SILs and a 15 YO Grandson hunt.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 AM

My husband is like Barney from Andy Griffith. He carries a bullet in one pocket and a book in the other. I think he actually finds a tree to sit in and falls asleep after getting up so early on a Saturday. I do feel better about the fact that he only takes a shot if he knows it is good, so little (or less) suffering for the deer.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 AM

Sounds like a winner to me!

Originally Posted by erstan947
If DH wants to have fun hunting or fishing he leaves me at home. If I want to have fun shopping at the fabric store I leave him at the house. We get along well with this arrangement:)
Old 10-13-2011, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

Everything you eat has to die. Vegetables are ripped up by their roots, fruits are pulled out of their sockets. That is what my fifth grade health teacher told us among other vivid food tidbits. LOL.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:40 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

My DH has all the "man hobbies" to include fishing and hunting.. which is fine-bring home the elk and it saves on the meat bill. We also have our together hobbies (goldpanning, rockhounding, camping etc..)but when it comes to my sewing/quilting he doesn't say much except he took sewing wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in High School to be near the girls (Him & his best friend)so he thinks he knows all !LOL Hmm..I used to hunt with him-maybe I need to tell him how to shoot !LOL
But I do enjoy the week of hunting with the son-in-law and other members of his family-because I get a reprieve of the house being clean dishes in the dishwasher etc.. cuz they are all out hunting !LOL I can then really get some quilting/sewing done !!lol
Old 10-13-2011, 07:13 AM

:lol:
Old 10-13-2011, 08:56 AM

My husband is not a hunter, but does work oil rigs....so he is gone for seven days at a time every other week.....alots of quilting time when he is gone...not so much when he is home.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:07 AM

My husband is a hunter and fisherman. I get my fishing license and go with him a few time. It is not my favorite thing to do but we enjoy being together. I haven't gone hunting with him, but we enjoy cooking together what he harvests.
When we go on vacation he stops at quilt shops that I search out on the internet. He likes looking at all the samples and he's a real people person, so enjoys talking (joking) with the staff at quilt shops. When we first got married 6 years ago, he said his eyes were opened to a whole new world. He was amazed that I'd sew things together and cut them apart and sew them together again. He's my number one fan. He will go into the quilt shop where I teach and ask the staff what it is I want and suprise me.
We still do our seperate things, so while he hunts I'm usually sewing or quilting.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
And consider it win-win .... he goes hunting and you get to stay home alone with quality time with your sewing machine.

I used to love when my husband went hunting .... a week away, and I had a week of do what I wanted, when I wanteded, and where! And believe me, a lot got accomplished. It was not all play. And it was before I was bitten by the quilting bug!
Do you notice the house stays cleaner when they are gone? :?: