I Always Wanted

Old 08-07-2017, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
I wanted to be one of the kids in Romper Room that got their named called in the magic mirror. LOL I must have been 3-4 years old. At an older age of 6 I wanted to be one of the kids that got to sit with Bozo the Clown during his tv show. When those two dreams never came true, I never gave tv stardom another thought. I am a member of the Actor's Guild though. I was in a tv commercial and got paid for it.
i was on Romper Room when I was 5, but as an audience pan. Our whole kindergarten class drove 80 miles to watch.

My husband was an actual "student" for a week (Three years earlier.) His mother filmed with her movie camera and we have it on tape. He wore a cute little light blue cardigan. My DH was also on the Johnny Carson show quite by accident. He was refereeing a celebrity basketball game in Nashville. Garth Brooks made a 3 point shot. When Garth appeared on the Tonight show the next week they showed the clip. My husband was panned as the referee with his arms vertical to show it was for three points. Several friends called because they recognized him.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 PM

When I was young, I went through phases of wanting to be in certain shows:

The Waltons, as another sibling, so I could be on stage with "ben (Turns out I married a guy who looked just like Ben Walton. I even named a son Ben.) I also always seven kids, but stopped after 4.

Emergency! I wanted to be play a nurse so that I could flirt with Johnny Gage (Randolph Mantooth). He was a heart throb.

Little House on the Prairie-- I wanted to be Ma (Karen Grassle) .She was pretty, soft-spoken, tenderhearted, and married to that gorgeous Pa Ingalls ( Michael Landon). He was one of the most handsome men ever. I thought his dimples, left-handedness, his smile, and his hair were just the best.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
When I was young, I went through phases of wanting to be in certain shows:

The Waltons, as another sibling, so I could be on stage with "ben (Turns out I married a guy who looked just like Ben Walton. I even named a son Ben.) I also always seven kids, but stopped after 4.

Emergency! I wanted to be play a nurse so that I could flirt with Johnny Gage (Randolph Mantooth). He was a heart throb.

Little House on the Prairie-- I wanted to be Ma (Karen Grassle) .She was pretty, soft-spoken, tenderhearted, and married to that gorgeous Pa Ingalls ( Michael Landon). He was one of the most handsome men ever. I thought his dimples, left-handedness, his smile, and his hair were just the best.
Zozee- you and I have the same taste. Adored Michael Landon and The Waltons!!!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by giquilt View Post
i was on Romper Room when I was 5, but as an audience pan. Our whole kindergarten class drove 80 miles to watch.

My husband was an actual "student" for a week (Three years earlier.) His mother filmed with her movie camera and we have it on tape. He wore a cute little light blue cardigan. My DH was also on the Johnny Carson show quite by accident. He was refereeing a celebrity basketball game in Nashville. Garth Brooks made a 3 point shot. When Garth appeared on the Tonight show the next week they showed the clip. My husband was panned as the referee with his arms vertical to show it was for three points. Several friends called because they recognized him.
How fun is that to know you were once a part of the audience of Romper Room! I remember watching that show all the time! Romper Room, Mr. Dressup, and Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood.