Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I don't collect anything..........

I don't collect anything however my HB is a great collector of STUFF.

Blog Entries
    ++++++++++++++

Love the RULERS & YARDSTICKS

==============
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I collect all things quilting and sewing related. Dh collects whimsical mugs. Got DH a couple mugs for Christmas, one of Marilyn Monroe and another whimsy. He also collects tools. Got him some more for Christmas and was excited that the one came in it's own carrying case. It had extra he didn't have but was able to add to.

! love your collection idea! I collect music boxes,fabric of course [not on display] small wooden cars and lastly dust [not intentionally!!] but I live on a dirt road. Diane C

My 6th grade teacher told me 50 some years ago that we all need to collect something so we can sort through it when we get old and review memories about them....I guess I took that to heart! I collect unsharpened advertising pencils...I discovered there is even an organization for us. Although my favorites, bullet pencils, are really hard to find anymore, do you have one? Farmers used to carry them in their overall pockets, my grandpa started me on this one. I also love bookmarks from everywhere, even if my kindle has spoiled my NEED for one. Ha-Ha!

I think it QUILT Lab that hung little quilts from yardsticks??? love that idea!
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work. Retired and quilting!

Blog Entries
    I seem to collect dirty dishes and laundry. Sigh.

I used to collect books, but realized after my youngest was born that I needed to downsize, so I kept my favorites and donated the rest. Same goes for the music collection. Fortunately I can get more of both in electronic form, which only takes up digital space.

I love the paper collection, can`t wait to tell DH, he thinks it`s just a mess. As I`m getting older I ask my kids what they want, that lowers some piles I mean collections. Last winter was long and cold here so I crocheted baby shawls and made baby quilts, that lowered the material pile, I mean collection. This winter I made 2 dozen neck scarves and took them to our family Christmas party and that helped. A family near by lost the MOM a few months ago, then the teenage son had an accident and broke both legs, and a few days before Christmas, his house burned down. I gave as many things as I could, (I only give new items) I feel these people have problems . Anyway that lowered every thing a little. The rest of my stuff is collecting dust, But I have plans to give more to a Christion Out Reach program.

Blog Entries
    I collected Raggedy Ann/Andy dolls for years, but ran out of space to show them off, so the mood went by the wayside. I collected clocks 'til the mantel filled up. I collected coins 'til the GKs started coming along and gave them all away. Don't ask me if I collect sewing machines--I simply cannot pass one by in a yard sale or antique booth, so I guess I do. But I am becoming more discerning--at least now that I am on the QB and know what I am looking at, I don't just buy every one I see--I leave it there for the next collector.....

And, oh yes Miriam, I love the way you have those yardsticks displayed.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

Blog Entries
    I love the way you turned your stuff into a collection and a cool display.

I collect dust.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

I too collect paper ! I love quotes so guess that is a collection. I love books and have bought many at thrift stores and have many from 'Simple Truths' they are great. My most prized collection is my music box collection. But it is beginning to look cluttered so I have not bought any for about a year and have begun giving some of them away as gifts. Have about 150 of them so really need to cut that amount back
    I have also begun giving away other 'stuff'. Much of it I really do not need any more.

Love the way you display your yardstick collection.
    I used to collect Bakelite cooking utensils. Have quit as I have more than I can use. But the thought that they were once used and appreciated in someone's kitchen makes them valuable to me. I use them daily.

Blog Entries
    janjj, I also collect quotes. I love to write them in unusual places.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Patterns. Notebooks full of printed out on the printer patterns. Boxes full of patterns. Books of patterns. Patterns I absolutely will make hanging on my bulletin board. I am not getting any more. Well except for . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seaside gal View Post
    Patterns. Notebooks full of printed out on the printer patterns. Boxes full of patterns. Books of patterns. Patterns I absolutely will make hanging on my bulletin board. I am not getting any more. Well except for . . .
    I totally forgot about patterns...
    Never let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

Well, my family considers me a hoarder. I like collector better. Fabric is #1, then comes quilt patterns. It seems that whatever my current interest, I have a big collection. Luckily, quilting and anything connected to it has lasted for quite awhile. That makes everyone happy. They know what to give Mom for gifts.
    All my grand-children have paws.

People love to add to our collections, so I am telling everyone I collect five dollar bills!

A friend asked me what I collect. I said "Everything I have is a collection!" (Yes, collections add to themselves.)
    I told her I also collect dust bunnies.

Loved your post! I try hard not to collect but I think it is just in some people's DNA. Good luck with keeping it under control.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Veinurse View Post
    Loved your post! I try hard not to collect but I think it is just in some people's DNA. Good luck with keeping it under control.
    I kinda doubt if it is DNA it is if you are American from our founding father, Ben - waste not want not - a penny saved is a penny earned...

Blog Entries
    I'll admit I do collect any thing connected to sewing. But I recently found that I seem to collect hammers and ball bats.I kind of know how the hammer collection came about-they get misplaced -can't be found - I go buy a new one.. I have no clue where or when I became the proud owner of 14 of my 15 ball bats. I am in the process of getting rid of all things I do not use or wear. So who knows what other 'collections'' I'll find.

I collect old rolling pins, old sifters, old crocks, old vegetable/nut chopper jars, pincushions, snowmen that I make and sewing themed fabric. I'm sure I have other collections that I haven't listed!
    Gloria 

Mostly dust! I think I quilt so that I have an excuse to buy fabric, so that is my collection. I have lots of scissors, seam rippers, only 2 rotary cutters that actually work.
    A quilt is like a good life. It's full of mistakes, but, in the end, it looks pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
    Mostly dust! I think I quilt so that I have an excuse to buy fabric, so that is my collection. I have lots of scissors, seam rippers, only 2 rotary cutters that actually work.
    De Nile is a ribber in Egypt.............

Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28581597
    a good reason to collect scissors

Oh I hear you on that. I think paper reproduces itself. Where does it all come from? My house would be neat if I could get rid of all the paper. Lol

I must collect rulers as I was digging threw tubs in our 5th wheel I came up with 16 different rulers/wedges. That doesn't include the tub I have of them under the trailer.
    Last edited by Quilterfay; 12-29-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast