Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I have to backtrack and also apologize :? >

I have to backtrack and also apologize :?

I have to backtrack and also apologize :?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:54 PM

Jan,were you an English teacher?? You write so creatively and with such finesse. I also do NOT rinse my dishes before they go in the dishwasher, but the chunks do get scraped down the garbage disposal---that's all. I recently had to cave in and run the dishwasher with very few items in it because something smelled atrocious!!!! No ants though---knock on wood really fast! Hang in there - I enjoy reading ALL of your posts! :)
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM

I had an ant invasions once too. The exterminator put out short straws filled with peanut butter and some ant poison and put all over the house, it got rid of them. Maybe this would help you too!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

I'm just reading your post today Jan so it didn't offend me even though I am one of those silly people. I started rinsing before running the dishwasher for that exact reason. Don't ask me how they get into the machine when the door is shut but they are tenacious. We use the environmentally friedly home defence all around the outside of the house. It does cut done but not completely eliminate the little pests.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Terricat
Jan,were you an English teacher?? You write so creatively and with such finesse. I also do NOT rinse my dishes before they go in the dishwasher, but the chunks do get scraped down the garbage disposal---that's all. I recently had to cave in and run the dishwasher with very few items in it because something smelled atrocious!!!! No ants though---knock on wood really fast! Hang in there - I enjoy reading ALL of your posts! :)
Terricat,
Aren't you adorable! Thank you for the sweet comments.
No, I'm not an English teacher; not even a college graduate, truth be known. But I was blessed to have an truly amazing secondary education with many of our public high school teachers bearing Masters and PHD degrees. I've always been rather verbal (just ask my mother :? ) and at one point wanted to study to be an interpreter at the UN.
Now that I live singly - can't say "alone" because there are close neighbors and lots of animals around, and then there's this board available 24/7 - I spend a lot of time writing instead of talking on the phone....hate holding that for very long anyway as it makes my fingers and hands tingle and go numb. I love to read and have been pressured to write a book since I was a very young adult. But, after all this time, like the previously mentioned science fiction stories and energies toward housekeeping....like that's gonna happen!!

I'll just keep 'speaking' my piece (and sometimes my peace) and enjoy what everyone else has to say as well.:-)

Jan in VA
Old 08-31-2011, 02:39 PM

Terricat,
Aren't you adorable! Thank you for the sweet comments.
No, I'm not an English teacher; not even a college graduate, truth be known. But I was blessed to have an truly amazing secondary education with many of our public high school teachers bearing Masters and PHD degrees. I've always been rather verbal (just ask my mother :? ) and at one point wanted to study to be an interpreter at the UN.
Now that I live singly - can't say "alone" because there are close neighbors and lots of animals around, and then there's this board available 24/7 - I spend a lot of time writing instead of talking on the phone....hate holding that for very long anyway as it makes my fingers and hands tingle and go numb. I love to read and have been pressured to write a book since I was a very young adult. But, after all this time, like the previously mentioned science fiction stories and energies toward housekeeping....like that's gonna happen!!

I'll just keep 'speaking' my piece (and sometimes my peace) and enjoy what everyone else has to say as well.:-)

Jan in VA[/quote]

aha - it shows. My older daughter is an English non-teaching major/ graduate and writes with such a flair, it's always fun to read just her emails or text messages! Then our DIL has a double major in math and Spanish. She taught for several years and went the route of using her Spanish since their area has a higher population of Hispanics. She works for a Federal Defender's office as a translator/interpreter and loves it. She entertains us when we go for dinner to a Mexican restaurant and orders our meals for us in her Hispanic language she has learned and continues to study for several years now. Keep on keeping on, Jan!