I have a dilemma.........

Old 02-20-2010, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I can't stand that Evil Leprechan. He just creeps me out!!!

I can't stand him either. But if you go to Survivor Sucks, a spoiler says that he goes to the final with Parvati & Sandra. But it also says that Sandra wins. Wouldn't it be great if he lost twice in a row to a woman!!
:mrgreen: :twisted:
I just hope he gets voted out early and not during the time so he can be in the jury.

Oh yes...tons of pictures will definitely be taken!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:10 AM

Since you asked.......

With your current proximity to Palau, even though tickets are expensive, they are probably as cheap as you'll ever find them.
Vietnam is quite accessible from continental USA.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:23 AM

Terri, I remember the jelly fish place too.....oh, I would be torn,

But, I would probably pick Vietnam. Check into OATs (Overseas Adventures Travels) They have fantastic tours that are expensive, I might add. But, even so, looking at their tour would probably highlight all of the must sees in Vietnam.

(Yes, I can't stand Russel, either---what a slime ball
Old 02-20-2010, 08:35 AM

I personally can't imagine WANTING to be around jellyfish on purpose to the point of PAYING for the privilege, lol!!!!
Although I am sure either vacation will be wonderful, being so close now and not soon, I would probably choose Vietnam...bring home some of those incredible hand stitched embroidery panels they make there, take lots of photos and enjoy!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 AM

I was thinking of you as our plane sat at the Guam airport. We didn't even get off the plane and we were only there for less than an hour. I kept looking at all of the lights thinking that you were there sewing away under one of those lights.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:39 PM

If I were living on Guam, I don't think I would want to travel anywhere. Guam is so beautiful. I guess I probably would go to Palau because I like quiet and restful vacations. I'm not sure how much shopping I could do in Viet Nam in a wheelchair, and blind.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I was thinking of you as our plane sat at the Guam airport. We didn't even get off the plane and we were only there for less than an hour. I kept looking at all of the lights thinking that you were there sewing away under one of those lights.
You know, I wished I had your cell phone number, I could have called you and kept you company on the plane. Maybe have pointed out some things for you.
Just too bad you couldn't stay longer.

Guam beautiful? Well, some areas are. Mainly tourists here, Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
It's quiet here, but not a place I would want to live out the rest of my life. Just too hot and humid for me.

It is a hard decision between Jellyfish Lake and Vietnam. Both are places I REALLY want to go, but Vietnam has won out. Tons of things for me to see and YES...SHOPPING!! lol
Who knows,,,maybe someday I'll win the lottery and I'll be able to take my trip around the world.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:39 AM

Oh, Terri, to have that as a dilemma. I'd go in hot minute wherever I could. Just keep us up on all the wonderful places you see and the things you do!

Hugs
Old 02-21-2010, 06:26 AM

And, yes, we want postcards!!!! :lol:
Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 PM

Yes, flights to Vietnam from the states would be cheaper, but right now I'm looking at airfare and hotel for $500/person. Can't beat that with a stick!
That's almost 1/2 of what they want just for airfare to Palau!!

Joyce...I'd only be sending out a few postcards, mainly just to a few children. My spending money will be very limited. I also have a trip to Europe that I am planning that was to be this fall, but am moving it to the springtime 2011. I also have Houston Quilt Show in November, so saving money for that too.
Did I mention I need to find a job when we get back to the states? Going to have to be one that will let me fly here there and everywhere. lol