Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I have a little problem........ >

I have a little problem........

I have a little problem........

Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 PM

I am totally serious about this next statement. I am having trouble cutting up fabric from my stash. I just redid my sewing room and wrapped close to 300 yards of fabric onto comic boards. They are all lined up on a tall white bookcase - looking like a beautiful fabric rainbow. So now I am trying to start a new project and I find my self unwilling to cut up my pretty fabric! I am very willing to go buy more but I really don't want to cut up my stash fabric. Does anyone else out there have this propblem. I am slightly mystified by this as I didn't have this problem until recently. What is going on?.................
Old 05-12-2011, 07:13 PM

I can't explain it either, but I'm sorta that way about mine,too. Just love to look at it, but reluctant to cut much... Are we sick?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:17 PM

Maybe you just need to "look at it" for awhile! Doesn't it look fantastic?? Take a few pictures so we can see how beautiful they look, then print them and hang them up in your sewing room............then start cutting!!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 PM

I feel that way about certain pieces - they're just too pretty to cut! The ones I really can't make myself cut into are the twenty one-yard pieces I dyed in a class a few years back. I've never gotten to do any more dyeing, and I loved the way they came out, so I just can't cut them up!! LOL
Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

I used to have that problem but then my best friend died. Yep, she won the prize for "the most fabric when she dies". I wised up real quick. It's my fabric and if I want to fussy cut a piece out of middle of yardage, I do it. My fabric stash is not going to be someone else's goldmine. I want the joy and pleasure of using it NOW!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Oh yeh ! I have that issue ... thus the extra insurance for my stash!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by JEM65
I am totally serious about this next statement. I am having trouble cutting up fabric from my stash. I just redid my sewing room and wrapped close to 300 yards of fabric onto comic boards. They are all lined up on a tall white bookcase - looking like a beautiful fabric rainbow. So now I am trying to start a new project and I find my self unwilling to cut up my pretty fabric! I am very willing to go buy more but I really don't want to cut up my stash fabric. Does anyone else out there have this propblem. I am slightly mystified by this as I didn't have this problem until recently. What is going on?.................

Would love to see pic!
Old 05-12-2011, 07:35 PM

I fussy cut 16 squares out a $13 a yard batik last night. The remainder looks like a big varmit got it. It didn't bother me, but the fact that I misread the pattern and cut them an inch too big and had to cut them down did. Use? :thumbup: Waste? :thumbdown:
Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JEM65
Send it to me, I will cut it up, NO PROBLEM!! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by sylviak
Maybe you just need to "look at it" for awhile! Doesn't it look fantastic?? Take a few pictures so we can see how beautiful they look, then print them and hang them up in your sewing room............then start cutting!!
I like this idea, will have to try it myself.